Chapter Twenty-Three

I've reworked my necktie at least three times. I may not wear suits often, but I damned well am adept at ties as a general rule. "Fuck." I undo it once again, my hands trembling, and stare back at myself in the mirror. "Why the hell are you so nervous? It's a date. Dinner. Dancing. Delilah." I grin, like a teenager. Yeah. Delilah. My Delilah. I go for another attempt at the noose around my neck and nail it this time. One step back and I check myself out. Trendy dark blue suit, lighter blue shirt, and a crimson tie. My hair is gelled, I've trimmed the scruff and dabbed on a little cologne. Looking good, if I do say so.

My mind drifts to what Delilah will be wearing. She's beautiful no matter what. I glance at my watch. It's too early to head over to her place, as much as I'd like to. Perhaps a small bit of whiskey will calm me. Not enough to do any damage. I pour a small swallow and down it. The smooth burn as it slides down my throat makes me feel more alive. Glancing around the apartment, I frown. I hate this place. I want to move back in with Delilah. Except, if we get that far anytime soon, hitting the sheets in the bed she shared with my brother might be an issue. For both of us. That thought makes me start pacing. Jesus. Is everything we do gonna be in the shadow of John?

"Yeah. It is, asshole. You knew that going in. Now you're in. Deal with it. And, for fuck's sake quit pacing. You're wearing out the carpet." With a loud grunt, I stuff my wallet in my pants and grab the keys. I'm outta here. If I have to sit and wait for D to get ready, fine. I fire off a quick text telling her I'm headed that way, and I'll let myself in. She replies with a thumbs up. Good. Ding. Another text. This one a red heart. Aww, man I love this woman.

We live close enough to each other that I could walk, but we're taking my car tonight, so I drive the couple of blocks and snag a spot right in front of the building. When I step into the condo, music is blaring, and Delilah is singing along from her room. She's actually very good. Like a Greek siren luring me in, I can't resist following her voice. The bedroom door is open, so I step in. Fully dressed, she stands in front of the bathroom mirror fussing with her hair and makeup. I stand in the doorway, admiring the view from across the room. The devil on my shoulder is urging me to come up behind her and bury my nose and mouth on her neck. Start kissing and don't stop. For a moment I close my eyes. I can even smell her. Put a blindfold on me and I could tell which girl in a lineup was Delilah by her scent alone.

"Oh! Hi. Didn't hear you come in."

Her words pull me out of the stupor I'm in as I lean against the door frame staring at her, hands in my pockets. My focus shifts from fantasy to real life. Wow. Just, wow. All that golden glorious hair is swirled on top of her head in a sexy, messy up-do. Little tendrils nip at her neck. Delilah doesn't wear much makeup, and when she does, it's masterfully subtle. Her blue eyes pop like gems beneath long, dark, natural lashes. Nothing worse, in my opinion, than those awful fake clumps a lot of chicks wear. Her lips are brushed in a rich plum color that accentuates their pouty fullness, and screams for me to kiss, bite, and lick them. A long, graceful neck leads to a simple black dress. Simple, yet sexy. It clings to her curves perfectly, her tits high, round, and no doubt a soft handful, a peek of them swelling above the scooped neckline of the dress. While it hugs her waist and hips, it's not obscenely tight. The material falls to a respectable mid-thigh length, where toned, tanned legs capture my attention next. I'm fucking hard as a rock, and all I can think about is how good those legs would be wrapped around my hips while I hammer my dick into her, both hands full of tits, and my mouth exploring that neck. For sure I'm grinning like a wolf going in for the kill.

"You're stunning, D-doll. Please tell me you're ready to go, because I'm about two seconds away from ravishing every damned inch of you." No lie.

She clears her throat. "I'm ready."