Chapter 1 ☆ New Kid

"Y/n!! Think fast!" my best friend Yunha says as she flings her coffee cup at me.

"Woah, what was that for? You love coffee!"

"Eh, it was Black coffee. Not a fan." She says before picking up the remains of her coffee.

"Well, I'd say so. Now hurry up, we are gonna be late for class." I say as she rushes to throw the mess away.

***

"As all of you know, you are now in the 10th grade. This is a time for partying, relationships, heartbreak, and experiments. So tomorrow, I will have you work a special assignment, which will take time to complete. So the assignment will go on for over three weeks. And it will end when I see fit for it to end." Mrs. Chae announces.

"So when will you say what the assignment is?" a kid named Jihoon, but everyone calls Woozi, says.

"Mister Lee, if that is sarcasm I detect in your voice then you will be sent to the principal's office and given an F on this assignment." She replies in a stern voice.

"Uhh... It wasn't?" Woozi says confused by the teacher's sudden change of tone.

"Mrs. Chae is bipolar..." Yunha whispers to me.

"I know. Look how she just freaked out on Woozi." I laugh.

"Hey, after school, wanna hang out at the park? It's my Mom's yoga class at our house today and that means they're gonna drink again. And she is unbearable when she drinks." Yunha says.

"Oh, sure! By the way, does she drink a lot still?" I ask.

"No. She stopped and now only drinks once every two to three weeks in her yoga classes with the other ladies," she explains.

"Ah okay. But I will be a little late because of something I have to do."

"oh, you have late lunches... I forgot. That's okay, I'll wait at the park on the swings." she replies.

***

After school, I see Yunha walk out of the doors and I immediately head to the bathroom.

"I think I ate too much at lunch..." I mumble to myself before sticking my fingers down my throat.

***

I walk to the park, seeing my best friend sitting on the swing with her headphones on. I approach her, she notices my presence and shoves her items in her bag.

"Hey, girl! You know what my brother said?"

"Oh, what?" I ask.

"He said you're hot."

"Ew. To him and to me." I reply.

"Him maybe but not you! You are very pretty. I mean you're tall, you have gorgeous hair, you have long toned legs, and you're like the perfect type of skinny with amazing curves." she says.

"Uh, thanks. But that's not me. I'm gross."

"Whatever. You need to start believing in yourself. But anyway, can I stay with you tonight?" Yunha asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"No reason..." she mumbles.

"Okay. Well, come on, let's go." I say before we start walking to my house.

***

"Hey, have you met the new kid, yet?" Yunha asks as she sits on my bed.

"Uh, what new kid?" I reply.

"The new kid that lives a few blocks down the street from yours. He is supposed to be at school tomorrow," she explains.

"It's a he?? I never knew anyone moved here recently..."

"I heard he's super hot..." she says while glancing at the window. "Oh my God that's him!!" she gasps.

We both run to the window and look out of it, seeing a shadow of a man walk down the street. We are on the second floor so we cannot see his face. Yunha starts shouting at him.

"Yunha! Be quiet. You are going to make him hate us. Let him be." I say.

"Oh okay. But you need to have a little fun once in a while."

"Okay. I'll go talk to him tomorrow then. But right now we are gonna fall asleep watching a movie."

Yunha then turns on a comedy movie and I fall asleep next to her.