Chapter 3 ☆ Alone

We are sitting in the detention room with Mrs. Chae when her phone starts ringing. She picks it up and immediately the color leaves her body and she goes pale.

"Are you okay Mrs. Chae??" I ask.

She hangs up the phone and shakes her head. "Kids, I have to go. I'm trusting you to stay here for another hour-"

Suddenly, a car horn is heard outside and she grabs her things, dropping some of them as she runs out the door. Beomgyu and I look at each other before I speak, saying, "I heard her husband is mean to her..."

"Yeah... So, you wanna leave or not?"

"What?" I ask.

"Leave. There's no one here. Maybe we could go hang out at the park or something."

"Why?"

"Because I heard the principal calling our parents and they know we're supposed to be here for an hour," he says.

"Oh... Okay."

We get up, leave the school, and walk to the nearby park. We sit on the swings in silence for nearly twenty minutes.

"Why do you hate me?" I ask.

He glances at me and sighs before looking at the ground.

"We only just met and you hate me... I'm sorry for what I did..." I sob.

"Why are you crying? It's not like it's the end of the world... And I don't hate you. I'm just upset that I got detention on my first day and when I get home I'm going to get yelled at for having cigarettes because we both know the principal told our parents!" he yells angrily.

"I'm sorry... I found them underneath the plant and I didn't know anyone else would see me... How can I make it up to you?" I ask.

He sighs. "Leave me alone..."

"What? No, I have to make this right."

"Then leave me alone."

I stand up and walk away, not wanting to bother him anymore. I walk down the now darkened road, trying to get to my house. Which is probably five blocks away.

I hear footsteps behind me and my heart starts racing as I pick up speed, trying to get home faster. Suddenly, my mouth is covered and someone has wrapped their arm around my body, disabling me from moving. I can hear their breathing and feel it on my neck.

"Gotcha..." they mumble in a low, raspy tone.

I close my eyes to prevent tears from falling when suddenly, I am released. I hear footsteps getting further and further away. I open my eyes and turn around to see someone running away with Beomgyu standing there. I run over and hug him, finally letting the tears fall.

"Thank you!! I was so scared! I thought he was going to kill me!" I cry before pulling away.

He smiles at me. "I'll take you home."

Then we walk to my house. I offer him to stay but he says no thanks and he leaves.