Chapter 2

Hueningkai froze in his spot, he wanted to dash away from the handsome male staring down at him but his legs decided to disobey him.

The two looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds, getting lost in them but Hueningkai snapped out of his trance and decided to speak up, "Who are you?", the said boy asked with his eyebrows furrowed, a fixed stare directed to Soobin, trying to look and seem daunting but Soobin could see right through him.

The brunette was scared and confused, he felt lost and Soobin could detect that within him. He could see the fear forming in the other's eyes.

The black-haired male responded, "I'm Choi Soobin, king of the kingdom of Corea. You don't seem to recognise me so I'm assuming that you're from a foreign country." He ended his sentence with a dimple-smile catching the brunette off-guard.

Damn, he has a beautiful smile, Hueningkai thought.

But his previous thoughts were washed away as he processed what the dark-haired boy just said.

The younger of the two bursted into a fit of laughter, confusion now written all over Soobin's face but his smile widened when he heard the brunette's laughter, it was music to his ears and the happy smile plastered on the other's pretty pink lips endeared him, he felt butterflies dancing in the pit of his stomach.

"What's so funny?" He asked, a perplexed and puzzled look still fixated on his face. The light brown-haired male ceased laughing and was now only smiling and that smile—it did things to Soobin's weak heart.

"What do you mean what's funny? Everything you said was funny." Kai uttered while slightly giggling, preventing himself from throwing another fit of laughter.

"Besides, how can I come from a foreign country when I'm literally speaking in fluent Korean."

"Well, you basically don't know me and everybody knows me. I just assumed that you're fluent in our language and besides, I'm pretty sure that you're mixed, you look like one."

His words sent Hueningkai to a confused state, what did he mean by everybody knows him? He never heard the name 'Choi Soobin' leave anyone's mouth.

Kai's smiling and parted lips flashing a little bit of his pearly white teeth from before were now pursed, his face now holds a serious and stern look. "Be honest, who exactly are you?", he asked with a sturdy tone, a contrast to the tone that was used earlier.

Soobin's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he answered the latter's question, "But I am saying the truth".

Hueningkai rolled his eyes while he heard words leave Soobin's pretty plump lips.

"You haven't introduced yourself to me yet and you're already accusing me of lying." Soobin said, feeling a little bit hurt because of the younger's words.

"Well then, I'm Kai Kamal Huening also known as Hueningkai, Heir of KKH Corporations. Ring any bells?" Kai replies with a bored tone, not even bothering to stretch his hand out for the other male to shake.

Soobin tried to think of a company called 'KKH' but can't seem to recall anything, perhaps it was a small company? but if it's a multi-corporation company then that means it must be big right?

"Oh, where is your family's company based?" He asked curiously.

The shorter male responded "in South Korea, duh".

This only confused Soobin more, South Korea? Isn't that supposed to be called 'Southern Region'?

"Don't tell me you haven't heard of my family's company before?" The younger male asked.

"I haven't", replied the dark-haired male.

This only shocked Hueningkai more, how the heck can anyone not at least be familiar with KKH? Even if Soobin doesn't live in Korea, he should at least be a little familiar with the Huenings' company right? Geez, this man must be living under a rock, Hueningkai thought.

"You must be living in such a secluded place far from here if you haven't heard our company's name at least once." Kai said, dropping the honourifics subconsciously.

"Why did you drop the honourifics with me? You're obviously younger than me and well, you shouldn't even be talking to me like that. You could get beheaded for talking to me like that." Soobin said, raising his voice a little, stunned at the younger.

"Pfft..." Hueningkai scoffed, "I wouldn't get beheaded especially since my father could literally send people to kill you in a snap of my finger." The young male uttered, a little irritated.

Soobin sighed.

Hueningkai is definitely a tough one, sure he's probably the prettiest human he's ever seen but his attitude definitely isn't pretty. He's pretty bratty.

"Where even are we?" Kai changed the topic, causing Soobin to realise the same thing. Where even are they?

"I don't know...", he responded. The two walked around the pretty garden for a little while. Soobin catching Hueningkai mutter "pretty" under his breath the whole time. He chuckled to himself, I guess pretty creatures like things that are as pretty as them, Soobin thought.

The duo soon sat down on the fresh and healthy green grass. They both looked up at the sky and admired the beauty of it but Soobin soon turned his head to face Hueningkai who's still admiring the pretty shaded sky.

"How did you end up here?" he questioned, the younger answered the question without turning to face Soobin.

"It's a little complicated but..."

"Our family was blackmailed by a media company and threatened us that if the future heir of their company doesn't marry me in a few months, they will release a fake story about KKH being invested by a drug and mafia leader to the media and so, my father decided that I will be marrying their heir Choi Yeonjun and so I ran into my room while my best-friend and my father chased me and then I discovered this gold carving of the flag of the Republic of Korea in behind a painting in my room and I touched it and it opened a hidden door and passageway to a portal that led here."

Soobin was speechless after he heard the younger explain.

That was a situation that anyone shouldn't go through, he felt bad for the younger but this certain question which is "what is the Republic of Korea?" lingering in his mind, pushing away all the other thoughts that filled his head.

Hueningkai turned and faced him before saying the following words, "so that's basically my story of how I ended up here, how about you? How did you end up in this magical place?"

"Well...my mirror was a little crooked and I am a perfectionist and so I approached the mirror and was about to tilt it straight when I saw a little gold peeking behind it and well since I'm a curious boy, I examined it and found out that the mirror could be suddenly slid to the side and that's how I found the secret room that led to this magical dimension that will probably be my runaway place, my safe place."

"Oh wow, I should have expected you to be a perfectionist based on how you act and look." Hueningkai responded.

The duo laughed and looked back up at the stars, silence filled the air, comfortable silence, until Soobin decided to break the tranquility that was one with the air.

"What is the Republic of Korea?"

———————————————————————————

A storyline/backup story of what previously happened to Kai before he entered the dimension in between the two worlds will be shown in the next chapter.

I hope you kind of enjoyed this chapter although it's a little boring, I still tried.