Chapter 4

Yeonjun chuckled upon seeing the younger male tense up under his touch, "I guess the rumor of you being tough and sassy is false; you gave me a pretty good first impression...", he said to the younger male as the latter stayed silent making the blonde boy smirk devilishly.

"Or perhaps, you're too overwhelmed by my presence?" He asked, leaning closer towards the brunette.

Hueningkai gathered up all his intrepidity and decided to speak up, "I just think that you're very good-looking and I—tend to get anxious and feel intimidated whenever someone so handsome talks to me, especially in this close proximity", He lied.

The older male raised one of his eyebrows as he voiced out, "Oh..., would you like me to move backwards or do you want me to go closer?", Kai could hear his smirk blasting through his words; this man knows what he's doing, what a flirt. He internally rolled his eyes, the anxiety that previously stirred in his stomach was now long gone and was replaced with annoyance.

Hueningkai was now heaving normally, his heart beating sixty to one hundred beats a minute as he released the breath he didn't know that he was holding. He crossed his arms as his facial expression changed to an annoyed one rather than an anxious one which his face held earlier.

"Can you not? I'm doing my best to be proper here for the sake of this whole thing, I'm only putting up an act so don't expect me to be wrapped around your finger so soon", he sassed shocking the older male as he (Kai) moved away and rolled his eyes, clearly irritated.

This stunned Yeonjun but it only caused interest to bloom in his chest, he's now determined to make the younger fall for him, his determination burning with passion, will and ambition. He smirked, "You know, I have never met anyone who is able to resist me; you'll fall for me before you know it and I'll make sure of that."

This was the last straw for Kai.

Yeonjun is way too conceited and egotistic for Hueningkai's liking; he has never encountered someone as arrogant and self-centered as the young man in front of him. The urge to run away from this whole 'meeting' is now becoming very overwhelming to the young boy, he just wants to run for the door and leave as quickly as possible-- and maybe he can do that.

So that's what he did.

He quickly turned his heels away from Yeonjun and to the door as his long legs and feet darted to the humongous wooden threshold forcing the attention of the three men behind him to be landing upon him, his hands caught up to the handle and he pushed it open as he continued to run, ignoring all the loud yells of a familiar voice which he assumes belongs to his father. He soon reached his bedroom as he immediately went inside and slammed the door shut, clicking the lock after as he panted and limped to his bed in exhaustion.

He practically threw himself down on his bed, face front with the ceiling but he soon turned his head to the side and that's when he saw something in the color of gold peeking out behind a large painting of a beautiful lavender field located in France, hanging on the wall of his room. This quickly took his attention as his eyebrows furrowed. What is that?

The said male dropped his feet down to the floor as he took a few steps forward towards the exorbitantly-priced painting adorning the warm-toned dyke that separated the young male's room and another occupied room. He examined the gold leaping from behind the art piece as he carefully swept the painting to the side which was quite easy to do, revealing a gold block fit inside the wall with the republic of Korea's flag carved on it; Kai brought his hand to caress the expensive mineral as he let his hand gently touch and feel the carve until the flag that was drew on the gold block abruptly lit up, buzzing for his attention.

The latter quickly backed away in shock as curiosity flooded over his frightened heart, suddenly, a portion of the wall moved backwards and slid to the side opening a hidden passageway ready to be entered by the young male.

At the same time, loud footsteps filtered in his ears; the coherent sounds coming towards his door as panic immediately coursed through him, the sudden urge to enter the dim passageway was all he could think of at the moment before hesitantly stepping a foot inside the said passageway, the before opened portion of the wall now camouflaged with the rest of it's kind.

There's no going back now, he thought as the jingling of keys were heard and the sound of the door slamming open followed.

Kai sighed. That's now more of a reason to not go back out there.

He then walked further into the newly-discovered room, ignoring all the loud commotion coming from his own bedroom and that's how he ended up enabling the portal open and he found himself in this pretty garden that looks like it's out of his world [that's because it is].

———————————————————————————
I deeply apologise for posting this chapter a week late. I had so many things going on this past week and I wanted to chill for a little bit and take a break but I ended up taking a break for longer and I'm really sorry for the wait.

I can't promise fast chapters but I'll do my best to write and release at least a single chapter every week and with that being said, I hope you have a great night (or morning) today.