Chapter 3

"Hey Tae, do you think this looks good on me?" He asked, clasping the jewelled necklace close before removing his hands from his neck, the shining diamonds and gold chain clinging onto his clean pale neck, his eyes glued on his reflection displayed on the large mirror in front of him.

Taehyun turned his head to Hueningkai, taking away his attention from his phone as he stared at the said boy and examined the carcanet decorating his neck.

"It's definitely eye-catching." He uttered, his eyes still lingering on the jewelry. Taehyun was about to add to his comment when a knock on the door was heard.

Hueningkai unclasped the necklace adorning his neck and placed it on his vanity table gently before approaching his door; he shuts the door open once he reaches it, and there stands a servant waiting—for his boss to open the said door—to deliver quite an unexpected news, a news; more like an information that could bring ecstasy to the one who receives it or could be a nightmare to the pretty boy, but whatever it is, it is for Hueningkai to decide.

"How may I help you?", Kai asks as the servant bows his head down in respect.

"Good afternoon, sir; I am here to deliver you an important information that your father wanted to tell you but could not bring himself to. You're going to be marrying the young heir of CYJ Media: Choi Yeonjun, Mr. David Huening wishes for you to be down in the meeting room soon; CYJ Media's president and heir are already sat down on the meeting room, having a discussion with your father while they wait for you."

The servant uttered in a formal, respective manner before bowing to Kai and walking away from him.

Hueningkai was left behind his bed-room door, stunned and surprised. Never in his life would he expect to be set-up in an arranged marriage by his father since their family and their company doesn't need to. He couldn't comprehend what the retreating servant just informed him, it was so sudden and so abrupt.

The young male closed the door and turned around just to be met with an equally-shocked Taehyun, sitting on his bed.

"What the heck!?" Taehyun exclaimed with mixed emotions, he didn't know how to feel about this. His best-friend is being arranged to marry someone he doesn't like, let alone someone he doesn't know. How can his father be so cruel? He promised Hyuka to not force him into doing anything he's uncomfortable with even when it's for the sake of their currently thriving company.

"How can you be arranged to marry some random rich stranger?! Especially against  your will!", Taehyun uttered angrily, unintentionally raising his voice; He thought that it was unfair to his best-friend to marry someone he doesn't want to marry.

Hueningkai rushed to Taehyun, sitting down beside him on the soft mattress that was obscured with smooth silk champagne-colored sheets. He bursted into tears, he didn't know what to do; he didn't want to be committed to someone he doesn't want to be committed to, heck he doesn't even know the guy he's marrying.

Taehyun's fuming eyes from before, now softened after seeing the younger brunette break down into tears. He then wrapped his arms around him and rubbed his hand up and down the younger's back, soothing him down. He could sense how confused and unhappy the younger is.

He sighed as he watched the long-haired male in his arms grow tired and drowsy, he had stopped sobbing a few seconds ago, his melancholy now replaced with sleepiness and this caused the older male to panic when he realised that Hueningkai has to meet his fiancé in a few minutes.

He shook the younger male gently, the younger male's drowsiness slowly drifting away and was replaced with confusion.

"What?", he asked with a puzzled look fixated on his face.

"Hyuka..., you're supposed to be downstairs in the meeting room soon..." He uttered sadly.

"Oh my goodness...you're right! fuck! dad's going to scold me if I don't meet the Chois!" He yelled, clearly panicking as Taehyun offers him some tissues.

"Just go, you can show up and not stay for long. I'm going to be outside the meeting room if you need me." Taehyun says while Hueningkai snatches the tissues away from his hand and uses it to wipe away the salty liquid that has already dried on his face, he looks into his reflection on the mirror and fixes his messy hair and crumpled (only a little) top to look more proper and presentable as he quickly leaves his room and down the stairs to the meeting room.

Once he reaches the large wooden door that would lead to the meeting room, he sighs and calls all his remaining courage before asking the guards who were guarding the room to open it for him, revealing his father and two handsome males conversing happily, like they've known each other for ages when they've only—probably—met for a few times.

Their attention averts to the young male who just entered the large room, ceasing their conversation and greeting the brunette.

Hueningkai walks over to his father, a fake—but convincing—smile forced it's way to his lips.

"Kai! I'm so glad you decided to show up." His father stated, happiness laced in his voice making Hueningkai question the significance of this arranged marriage deal, it also made him question his own significance, he wondered if his father had no choice but to accept this deal or if he just wanted Kai to have a lover.

"So Hueningkai, this is Mr. Choi Jun-Suk: he's the president of CYJ Media, our future sibling company." David and Jun-Suk laughed after David uttered the last few words in his introduction. "And Hueningkai, this is Choi Yeonjun: Heir of CYJ Media and your future husband." He said, pointing to a blonde-haired male with eyes of a fox, thick plump lips and a small cute nose, a contrast to his sharp jawline, so sharp that it's fatal. He's handsome, but not Kai's type.

The said male stretched his arm out for Hueningkai to grab; Hueningkai hesitantly held it and shook his hand, pulling his arm away right after as the four of them sat down on the cushioned seats.

"So, Yeonjun and Hueningkai...—how about the two of you get to know each other while me and Mr. Huening here discuss the marriage, the deals and business transactions; what do you say?"

"Alright", responded Yeonjun.

Yeonjun then turned to face Hueningkai, his eyes fixated on him. He was staring really hard that it made Hueningkai gulp and sweat a little despite being such a sassy male. He wanted to act like 'himself': his bratty, sassy and stubborn attitude that many people loved and despised; it was his character, his image but deep down he was a softie who's starting to tremble under the other's hot stare, he felt little—tiny  even and he only feels like that around certain people who has really intimidating aura like the man in front of him but what daunted him more was how he looked so proper and noble like a real heir, but he felt that there was an underlying image, a dark menacing aroma filling his nostrils, it smelled so corrupt.

"Hello, Huening-ssi." He uttered, a deep voice echoing through his ears.

"Hi...", he answered in response.

"You know...I never expected someone to be so—pretty", He said while his hand snaked it's way to Kai's cheek, his thumb swiping against the smooth skin; Hueningkai froze, he felt frightened.

'This man is bold.' he thought.

'Isn't this harassment? Fuck, I need to escape this place as soon as possible.' he thought again.

'Taehyun, please help.'

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

So, I've been writing this for a few hours now and it's already on 1,200+ words so the next chapter will still remain as Hyuka's P.O.V.