Chapter 5

~ Present ~

This question made Kai confused causing him to turn and face Soobin.

"What do you mean what is the Republic of Korea?", the baffled brunette questioned the black-haired male in front of him.

It's now Soobin's turn to be perplexed, confusion falling upon him as he tried to detect any sort of lies in Hyuka's equally perplexed features but failed to find any, all he could see was sincerity which baffled him more.

"What is the Republic of Korea?", the older of the two repeated in a more eager way.

"I don't know if you're living under a rock or if you're just experiencing short-term memory loss—"

"Yah!", Soobin yelled as he softly hit the younger on the shoulder, expressing his annoyance.

"I'm serious."

"Are you really?", the eldest of the two responded questioningly.

"Do I look like I'm playing around?", Hueningkai questioned earnestly

"not at all, actually, no. So please kindly elaborate to me what the Republic of Korea is, because I am as well, certainly not bantering."

"Geez, what's with the sudden formality?" he giggled while asking before silence completely took over the two males.

"Alright, well..." and a lengthy conversation begun between the two, attentive ears and astonished minds were the foundation of the prolonged exchange between the two curious males that by the end of their long talk, the duo couldn't grasp any more information as the two of them tried their best to process what they just discovered.

"I can't believe this," said Hueningkai.

"So can I..."

The brunette then sighed and decided to look above at the sky, their talk most-definitely took a few hours for it to end yet the color of the sky above them did not change—even for a little. This was a whole new dimension, he thought.

And the two sat there in amazement as comfortable silence fell upon them once again.

———————————————————————————
I'm so sorry for not being able to update this FF for almost eight months if not already eight. I left you all hanging and I sincerely apologise for that, 2020 was such a rough year that even my passion for writing was affected and I hope you understand that. I'm not going to swear on promises again as I may just fail on committing them like usual but I will do my best to update faster with longer chapters as well. I hope you enjoy this new chapter even though it's short and overdue.