𝟎𝟏.

CHAPTER ONE: BEACH HOUSE

CHAPTER ONE: BEACH HOUSE..!
( MAY 25 2020... ) ⤷ ع˖⁺ ⛓⋆ ୭ 💥.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹!
TW!underage drinking

⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹!TW! — underage drinking

savana loved where she lived.

across the road from the pacific ocean in a small cottage, just the right size for her and her two friends. it was a quaint white house with black shutters and a black door. the porch had three chairs for the friends to sit and relax on. the very small front yard had pretty, delicate flowers planted in the dirt. they had a few more houses littered to the right and left of their small cottage but they had a clear view to the ocean.

the three of them loved sitting on the stairs to the porch, watching tourists walk by and scurry along the boardwalk. they lived in near a clump of tourist attractions and shops, so they were used to clueless families walking about.

they would sit on their porch for hours into the night, using their phone flashlights for light and sipping illegally on alcoholic drinks. luka would bury himself in his schoolwork whilst the two girls gossiped and told stories.

savana pushed open the screen door before letting it clunk shut behind her. the air was humid and she was already sweating at the heat. luka was hunched over his laptop as always, in one of the comfy chairs.

"catch." savana smiled, tossing him one of the white claws in her hand.

he caught it quickly, grinning at her, cracking it open and then taking a sip. he pushed back his messy hair before resuming typing on his computer again.

she sat down on the stairs next to stassie, who had her hands ready for her own drink. savana passed her a white claw too, leaving one for herself.

they both cracked open the can, clicking them together and then taking a sip. they sat in silence for a long moment, watching some people walk by.

stassie sighed and laid her brown haired head onto savana's shoulder. they watched people walk by and sipped on their drinks.

the sun was setting in front of them, the orange and pink glows of sunshine reflected onto their faces.

"how you've been holding up?" stassie asked her best friend, situating her head in a more comfortable position still laying on savana's shoulder.

savana gulped. she despised talking about her ex boyfriend, it brought back too many happy memories she missed. she refused to believe there was a good answer to the question of 'how's life without jaden?'. he'd meant everything and more to savana.

"fine, i guess." she muttered, lowly.

savana was screaming and ranting in her head, wanting to tell stassie every emotion she'd felt since jaden broke up with her. savana shut everybody out from her feelings when the breakup happened, and a month later she still struggled to talk to anyone about how she feels about it. 

"fine?" stassie asked, pulling her head off savana's shoulder, letting her brown hair tumble around her own shoulders and face.

stassie looked at savana, though sav was more focused watching the sun start to hide behind the horizon.

"babe, you can tell me anything."

"i know," savana paused, looking at her friend, solemnly, "it just doesn't fit into words, i guess."

stassie stayed silent for a moment, narrowing her eyes. she could totally see her best friend was lying straight to her face, but she was processing why. savana and stassie had been best friends since middle school, they told everything to each other. savana shut her and both luka out when jaden broke up with her, and the broken girl had never been the same.

stassie wrapped her pale arm around savana's shoulders, drawing their bodies close together. savana smelt the alcohol on her breath but smiled nonetheless. maybe she wasn't necessarily ready to open up about her and jaden's relationship, but she appreciated the effort stassie presented.

after a couple more hours of the girls talking and luka finishing up his lengthy essay, the friends went back inside their house, locking the door behind them.

savana took the empty cans and let them clang and clank into the recycling bin in their kitchen. luka sat on the island with anastasia next to him, they were wrapped up in their own conversation about his classes. he was mumbling nonsense he'd learned in his forensics class, while stassie pretended to comprehend by nodding her head.

"i think i might head to bed early." stassie admitted when luka was amid a sentence about the relations of justice to crimes.

savana was often stunned with how much her friend knew. luka was probably one of the smartest people in florida yet alone california. he was so passionate about his schooling and studying that the girls barely heard the boy speak. he enjoyed learning and going to his classes everyday.

luka and savana met when he moved next door to her in elementary school. they grew up playing soccer in the road and exploring the neighborhood. stassie came along when they entered middle school, and she melted perfectly into their friendship. the trio were inseparable ever since.

"oh, okay." luka smiled at stassie, as she hurried off to the stairs, climbing them to get to her small bedroom.

"you got classes early?" savana asked luka.

"yeah, i'll be back before you wake up though." he smiled, pushing himself off the counter.

"alright, night! love ya." luka still smiled at her, heading to his room attached to the kitchen.

luka had demanded he'd get the smallest bedroom and the one on the ground level. he cared about the girls so much and he would feel plenty guilty if something happened to them that he could have prevented.

"night, love you too!" savana responded, watching him disappear into his bedroom.

JORDAN SPEAKS..!
i didnt know how to end this chapter oops. anyways this is the first chapter of many!! i'm so excited for this book and i have big plans (: also, hang in here, jaden will be talked abt next chapter!!

word count: 1015
written: june 4, 2020
published: june 16, 2020