besame mucho pt.2-mccartney

He stopped what he was doing to stare at me in absolute horror.

Our eyes were as wide as saucers as we stood up quick to redress ourselves, me throwing on a dress I saw on my floor and Paul going to open the window. I applauded his quick thinking-it had been hot in Liverpool for the past few weeks; why not pretend Paul had his shirt off to cool down?

I sprawled across the bed, kicking my discarded knickers and trousers underneath it while Paul fell down by the window while heavily fanning his face. I threw my arms behind my head, pretending like my hard breathing was caused because of the hot weather.

"Margaux?" my mother knocked on the door, cracking it slightly to probably see if I was decent.

"Yes mum?"

The door fully opened, and my mum looked a bit shocked that Paul sat with his shirt off by the window, fanning his face like his life depended on it. He smiled at her, that cheeky smile I can't resist, almost batting his eyelashes.

"What're you up to?" she asked, a skeptical look spread across her face. I could feel Paul's eyes on me, boring into the side of my head. It was then I realized he was nervous, maybe even scared of my mum. I didn't blame him, I was practically having an internal heart attack.

Think about it, before you say ANYTHING! Say something she'll believe.

"We went on a walk, got chased home but a few friends we met at the c-" I hesitated, fighting back the urge to say 'club.' She'd die right there if I told her I went to a club. "Park. We walked around the park. We're sweating like mad, tired too."

"Really?" She asked, leaning against the doorframe. "Paul?"

His eyes whipped to her, dragging away from the carpeted floor he was picking at. I saw him swallow hard, eyes trying to keep steady on my mother, who stood with her arms crossed.

"Yes, Mrs. Parcel?" He said quite calmly; calm enough for my mother to believe he wasn't trying to hide something. His hands crossed over his crotch, folding together. He's-oh shit.

"Last time I checked, I'm sure my house wasn't your laundry basket." She tossed his shirt at him, along with his jacket. He pulled them off his face, smiling awkwardly up at her.

"I'll be downstairs."