Chapter 3

After a long silence, one of the officials started speaking about the accident which took place at the
Space station while the party was going on.

Official: Sir, it was not our fault basically.

Park So-bin: Then, who is responsible. Is it me?

Official: I'm not saying in that way, Sir. Let me explain, you! Can I, Sir?

Park So-bin: Go on! Now, what are you waiting for?

The official who was going to explain stands from his seat & pressed a button on the metallic wall. In a few seconds, the projector which was attached to the ceiling popped out slowly & came to his head's range then he connected his tablet wirelessly to the projector & started the explanation, which he was going to give to his head official, before that he plays a video from his tablet.

Official: Sir, before I get started. You must check this clip which was captured by our surveillance cams around our Space Station.

Park So-bin: What's there so special in this video?

Official: Sir, you look closely. Then only you can find the reason behind the disaster which happened to our station.

Park So-bin: Are you wasting my time? Seriously? Just spit the hell out, what you want to say?

Official: Okay, I will only say the reason. As you can see these cam recording we can see in every cam recording something weird is happening outside our station while all were at the party.

The other officials who were gathered there in the office according to Park So-bin's order, as they heard the official's words there started a spark of talk between the other officials which broke the silence of the whole room & which resulted in Park So-bin to shout his heart out.

Park So-bin: What do you morons think about yourself, aah? Tell me! When I asked for the reason from you guys no one was speaking a word as if you were all mutes. But somehow, one managed his courage & is giving the reasons for this huge loss we faced. Instead of listening to it you guys are talking & gossiping.

After Park So-bin shouted & said like that in great anger the conference room again underwent a drastic change & placed its head in the lap of silence once again. Then Park So-bin looked over the official who was explaining the reason for destruction standing beside the screen & Park So-bin again raises his voice again.

Park So-bin: Now, what? Are you gonna stand there idle? Or are you going to explain?

Official: Okay sir, so I last stopped by saying about the video.

Park So-bin: Just continue we had wasted our time enough! Now, we have no time to waste. So can you say little faster? So, I can give a properly edited report on the accident to the Xpwork Head Quarters on Earth.

Official: So, I will make it short & easy for everyone to understand.

Park So-bin: That's what am saying this damn whole time.

Official: So Sir, if we look closely into the video which I currently played you can see a kind of disturbance or you can say some kind of activity at the place where the accident occurred. But these activities are occurring for a very short time period because of which in some part of the video only it is visible. That's why I told you to look closely.

Park So-bin: I didn't get you! What do you mean?

Official: Sir, if I say it in a more precise manner. We are gonna hit by a mass asteroid in an estimated time of one week.

Park So-bin: First of all! Are you crazy? Seeing these now you will say that these activities which you referred earlier are the reason for this accident.

Official: Absolutely, Sir.

Park So-bin: I must say you should have been a great sci-fi writer.

Official: Sir, I already knew that you will not believe me so I came ready. Please check out these pictures, videos & the thermal videos captured by our cams. After that, I will say how these asteroids appeared. If you do not believe me & let it go, the conditions after 1 week will be so bizarre that you will not be able to speak. I must say that we all will be just dead & be floating here & there in this endless space. Now, it's your call. What should I do?

Park So-bin: Are you sure? About, what you are saying?

Official: Yes, sir. Am very much sure about it. Just check out my proofs which I submitted to you.

Park So-bin checks the proof which was submitted by the Official & ends up concluding that the words which the official said was all true & the Space Station was in great danger. Park So-bin orders other officials to strengthen their own wings which they are assigned off. Suddenly the doors of the conference hall opened & the secretary of Park So-bin came inside through the doorway & whispered something in the ears of Park So-bin. As she spoke & went out of the room, Park So-bin seemed in tension. After seeing Park So-bin's pale face the official who gave the reports asked him.

Official: Sir, What's the matter? Why is your face so pale?

Park So-bin: We are doomed!

Official: Why?

Park So-bin: You told us that the asteroid will reach us in 1-week time duration. Isn't it?

Official: Yes, sir.

Park So-bin: We have a new problem now.

Official: What's that?

Park So-bin: Now, my secretary reported that within 2 days we are going to be hit by a cluster of asteroids.

Official: What?