Chapter 5

Whereas Kang Sung-jo who was flushed into the darkness of the space through the vent opening was not dead as expected by his crewmates. While Sung-jo was flushed out he had hit his body on the panels of the space station due to which he had come up with a displacement of right shoulder bones & fractured his left leg because of which he was able to experience an excess amount of pain through his body. And when the pain got on the peak of his tolerance level he started going into the state of half-consciousness for the time being & started to flow here & there in the dark space as if a person floating in nirvana. The temperature maintaining system in his spacesuit started to collapse as time went on. While he was in his unconscious state the space freezing started taking over his body. He was trying to get in touch with his crewmates to tell them that he was alive & he had damaged his body, hoping someone will come & save him from there, even in his half-consciousness.

Time went on but no help came he floated through space like a free rock which was amongst the dark deep space. Within this time the spacesuit's battery gone down, he was fully conscious & in that state he started to see a dream about his dad who motivated to follow his dreams. In that dream, Kang Sung-jo was a school student who was running towards his home because of the continues bullying he used to face in his school from his classmates. As he reaches home & opens the door he sees his dad, Mr Kang, in front of the entrance gate. Both of them looks at each other for a minute & suddenly Mr Kang starts to speak.

Mr Kang: Does running away made you happy?

Kang Sung-jo stood silent & facing his head down towards the floor. As Mr Kang sees that, Mr Kang asks again the same question again to Kang Sung-jo.

Mr Kang: Does running away made you happy?

Kang Sung-jo: Hmm.

Mr Kang: Sung-jo, listen up. In our life, there will be more difficult situations we have to face. If you start running from all those problems like that you did today you will not reach anywhere. So from now on, you should not run away from any kind of difficult situation which you face in your life. Did you understand?

Kang Sung-jo: Okay, dad.

Mr Kang: That's my strong son.

Saying these words Mr Kang takes Kang Sung-jo with him outside the house. As Mr Kang opens the front door from where Sung-jo entered the house a few minutes ago, suddenly, Sung-jo witnesses a bright light because of the glare of that light Sung-jo covers his eyes with his arms. Mr Kang holds his hands & walks towards that light. As the glare got less Sang-jo removed his hands from his eyes & looked around him. And the visuals left him spellbound Sang-jo was able to see other planets from his home & the stars were shining like diamonds & the skies were purple in colour. Sang-jo asked his father.

Kang Sung-jo: Dad, where are we?

His father didn't reply & he ran a few steps ahead & gave a jump to the air. Within a few seconds, his father was in air & he was flying around. This made Kang Sung-jo say the only word & he said.

Kang Sung-jo: Wow!!!

Suddenly Kang Sung-jo hears his father say to do as he did just before. As he heard the words Kang Sung-jo also did as his dad & he also started to fly around. And they both started to talk again.

Mr Kang: Isn't it fun, son.

Kang Sung-jo: Yes, dad. It's cool up here. By the way, where are we?

Mr Kang: It's the universal dream linkage path.

Kang Sung-jo: What?

Mr Kang: It's the place where dreams are born.

And both father & son together floated here & then. After long hours of flight Mr Kang said.

Mr Kang: Son, may your dreams come too. I have to go.

Suddenly all went black. But in reality, again the disturbance started to occur in the open space & somehow one of the holes pulled Sang-jo inside & teleported him to an unknown galaxy where he continued to float like any other rock. As he floated a few distances, through that way a boy with a space bus came & the boy saw Sung-jo floating around. At first, the boy thought it was just an illusion but when checked his radar & other devices it stated it was living organism. The boy drove the space bus near to the floating Kang Sung-jo & took him inside the bus & provided him with some warm clothes who was unconscious due to the pain & body temperature down. And the boy started speaking to himself.

Boy: Why is this guy wearing such weird stuff? Spacesuits are such an old school thing nowadays. I think he must be a retro freak who loves old stuff.

As he was talking to himself. His phone started to ring, when he attended a hologram appeared over the screen & the hologram started to speak, the hologram was of his uncle's who was a scientist on Zarthix which is a planet similar to earth.

Scientist: Where are you? I need that space bus now!

Boy: Uncle, am getting back. I just took it for a drive.

Scientist: Its headlights have to be repaired so get it back soon.

Boy: Uncle, I have to tell you something.

Scientist: Don't tell me you just wrecked it to another asteroid-like the previous time.

Boy: Uncle, that was not my mistake. My sister disturbed me & I lost my focus.

Scientist: Then, what is it this time?

Boy: I got an old school guy who was floating unconscious in the space. I think he is seriously injured.

Scientist: Why do you take an unnecessary headache?

Boy: Should I throw him out then? Back into space.

Scientist: As you saved him bring him home. Let me see him.

Boy: Okay, Uncle.

Scientist: Just bring the bus as soon as possible. Did you get it?

Boy: Okay, now let me drive. I'm hanging up. Bye.