Abducted

Kero

I wanted to kill ASR for the first time in my life when he pointed the muzzle of the gun against Khushi's head. Suddenly my protective instinct took over. I know what I am feeling is something which I shouldn't. In my work I am not suppose to have any emotional attachment with anymore. But this girl is different. The moment I saw her I wished I had a sister like her. In these few days she managed to make a little spice in everyone's heart. Who am I kidding? She holds a bloody good space in it. And that stupid ASR doesn't realize the love he has for her. I can see it. We all can see it. We thought he is changing. We thought we saw a human side of him. But no, I was wrong. He is not crafted to be a human. And his deed few minutes back confirmed it.

I cradled her limp body in my arms, caressing her still warm cheeks hoping that she will hold on to her life. And then I did an unexpected thing. I held her head and kissed her on her forehead. "You have to leave sis", I slowly whispered against her. "You have might lost your ass of a brother today. But I promise you to protect here onwards".

ASR barged inside the car. His eyes were bloodshot from what I couldn't understand. Whether it was for the war outside or seeing Khushi in my arms. I don't care what he thinks. "She is breathing", I told him and saw relief washing over his face. So, I was wrong in thinking that he is not human. He does feel for her or else he wouldn't come rushing here.

"She needs to be operated right now." He said and hurried towards the driver seat. Buckling his belt he ordered me, "Call Dr Flynn".

Khushi

My vision is blurry when I opened my eyes. The first question that comes in my mind is whether I am dead or not. I try to clear my vision by blinking several times when a soft yet masculine hand catches my shoulders. I realize I was about to get it.

"Hey, just don't get up yet", Kero's voice was soothing. I can hear ASR's voice from afar telling someone about the return of my conscious. It took all my wit to scream that came out mostly as hysterics of coughs. "Get...cough...ou...of...th.... cough...err...cough", Kero helped me with a glass of water while ASR looked at me perplexed. Unable to speak I could only gesture with my hand pointing my fingers towards the great ASR to get the hell out of the room. Kero sensed by furry and tried to ease me on the bed, which I refused. ASR walked towards me; his mood unreadable; eyes blank. He was about to open his mouth to ask me something when I held Kero and pleaded with my eyes to ask ASR to get out of the room. He cupped my face but didn't utter a single word. Well, ASR is his boss and obviously he cannot defy him or order him. The next thing I know is I started caring accompanied by a sharp pain on the left side of my chest. I don't know what but maybe the medicines kicked in and all I remember is ASR rushing towards my side and easing me on the bed and the rest all faded in the darkness.

Next, I woke up almost after 4 days of the previous incident. Kero told me that it took almost 10 days in total to gain conscious. Now I felt much better health-wise but my emotional state was still in a mess. I realize that I was in ASR's room and felt funny how I asked him to get out of his own room. And he did. He never came back inside the room after I gained conscious. It was a mixed feeling, to be honest. On the one hand, I didn't want him to come near me because of the betrayal that I felt. On the other, I want him right now to cling onto because I love him. I am not surprised to realize that I love him.

I got up from the bed despite Kero's repetitive request and walked up to ASR's meeting room. As expected he was there but lounging covering his face with one hand and the other resting on his middle. As I enter the room without his permission he looked up. "I want to go home", I said holding my wound and panting a little because of the weakness.