1

Hello dear friends—
New story timeee. Let's see how this one plays out yeah? I hope you all enjoy! I decided another sexy, badass wolf book needed to be added to the collection! Let me know what you think!

My teeth clench as I hold back the need to release my pain filled cries into the air, along side the smell of my freshly burnt flesh while the hot brand settles against my neck with a hiss. No one moves as I continue kneeling, allowing myself to be marked by a man who should've been holding me close instead of burning me.

Everyone knows the dynamic of this situation, the feelings moving between the two wolves that should've been carrying on a life together—not preparing for an initiation.

One. Two. Three.

Christian pulls the metal rod away from me, a small groan leaving his lips at the sight of the damage he's done to the skin he was never supposed to harm. Even after mating another female he had difficulty not reacting to the bond between us, one that was perfectly woven by the Moon and then set ablaze by his own desires.

It had been three years since I'd watched him bury his teeth into someone else's neck, whisper his love to someone that belonged to another male.

I'd spent my entire life training to be his Beta, growing up beside one another with excitement for what we would accomplish when we took over the pack and yet he hadn't seemed happy when I realized he was my mate.

When I'd wrapped my arms around him and cried the tears of a woman who'd just found her true love, then the fresh batch that had descended after Christian pushed me away and took another female into his arms.

Into his home.

Into his bed.

My father told me I could leave, that gathering my things and restarting in a new pack was best for me but I wasn't a coward. I'd cried, begged the Moon to forgive whatever sins I'd committed against her so that my heart could be mended.

But I wasn't going to run out on the pack I'd sworn to protect, and I had a duty to the man who'd never lived up to the expectations I'd had of him.

After the ceremony of him taking another female I'd been sent to my first course, hundreds of miles away at a pack that was full of barbaric wolves. I'd spend months there, and then take a week or two to visit my own family—then back to the wild ones. I didn't want to go home, often cutting my trips short as being tortured by another pack beat seeing him with that false love any day.

That lasted about a year.

The men and women there knew of my situation, they'd beaten that weakness from me. Night and day I fought, listening to them mock me for never being enough for an Alpha that didn't want me. I was seen as weak by not only them, but my own pack.
To be rejected was disgraceful, in fact it killed most wolves. But it would not be my death, even though those beasts had told me time and time again how worthless I was as a Pack member. Nothing I did was good enough for them.

Until I'd beaten their Beta in a fight, slammed his head into the ground until he saw stars and put my teeth to his throat. Triumphant I had been, fighting a man that held many inches on me in every direction and winning.

They'd shown me kindness after that, encouraging me and telling me that an Alpha who cannot stick to his destiny is no Alpha at all. I should've disagreed, but they were right and I'd never forgotten there words. Even as I moved to new places, learned more about the position I'd be holding until the day I died, I remembered that they lacked respect for someone so misguided.

I decided to keep the same mindset.

I would protect him, help him run a pack as a Beta instead of an equal. The pain of his choices dulled years into my training, now only a small ache filled my chest when I thought of him. Even seeing the man didn't hurt nearly as bad as it used to, after watching your mate fuck someone else you become a little numb to anything else.