10

****sorry for the lonnnnng wait! I recently began my new sales position meaning I no longer get to write for 6 hours a day at my desk, but it also means a lot more money —we hope— and better quality of writing. I get to focus and get better covers, pay for blurbs and editing. Eventually an audio book for MY LYCAN MATE***
****also, I'm moving into my own place so ya girllll gets her favorite thing—alone time****

Let me know whatcha think!!

I'm knocking on my parents door with a pit in my stomach, nervous about explaining the whole situation to them while also apologizing for being such a dick to Bri. It hadn't taken me long to shove clothes into a bag, but I'd taken a while walking around the unfinished house and enjoyed the surroundings while I had them. Everything was so sudden, and I'd been given very little information after Christian had stomped out.

Raeton had hugged me to him for longer than appropriate, only telling me I'd be coming to his pack to train his females as they had been wanting to for a while. He'd also mentioned my coming back had brought a tension to the pack, one I'd apparently been blind to. Or he was spouting things to make me continue to agree.

I'd been to so many packs, being trained by every respectable Beta and Alpha who'd put in the time but to be immediately pulled from my station

My mind was still reeling, trying to come to terms with what just happened in my house. The day had taken an insanely dramatic turn, and I wasn't entirely sure how I felt about it so far.

"How you feeling, Champ?" My dads playful tone pulls me easily into the house as My sister moves to my side, the hallway cramped with our family reunion. She's smiling at me, something I hadn't expected but by all their expressions I can tell somethings up. My mother has a very weak poker face.

"When did he even have time to tell you?" I question, pushing them towards the living room in exasperation. We settle down on the couch, Bri is wrapped around me as usual and I allow myself to show the affection back. I would miss her, especially since I'd just come back.

"Raeton came to tell us, which was a big surprise considering you hadn't mentioned anything about leaving or spending time with him." My mothers eyes narrow, and my father slaps her thigh playfully with a broad grin.

"We weren't telling your folks when we were hanging around one another." He nuzzles her neck and I hear Bri whine In disgust, she never has enjoyed the showing of their affection but I'd never been bothered by it. Jealous in a way, as if always been with all couples after my rejection, but something about to day had me feeling a happiness in the sight.

Perhaps that could be me, soon? The smile on my lips soon turns sour as I remind myself I am not going to Raetons pack to shack up with him, even if it was something he'd seemed very interested in happening.

"I don't really want to leave, after working so hard to get the position. But I don't feel like we have a choice if there's really been that much of an issue with me back, why did no one mention it?" The love in the air dissipates as my parents give me the familiar look of pity and I hold back my urge to glare. I remind myself that none of this is their fault, that everything that's occurred in such an out of order sequence is due to my Alpha.

The ones who'd just forced himself on me when he had a mate at home.

"You haven't done anything wrong." My father waves his hand as though it'll wash away the endless list of problems that seems to be accumulating in my life.

"How long? Do you think they'll let us come visit, more than the others did or will we have to wait to see you?" Bri questions, I smile down at her and stroke my fingers through her hair. I wonder how much she's going to grow in the next few months, and if that attitude with get any stronger along side her. I wouldn't mind if it did, everyone in this family was known for wanting and getting their way—she'd be no different. I shrug.