Chapter 2

I woke the next morning breathing heavily from the dream I was having. I looked at the time to see that it was already 6:30 am, do I decided to just get up and get ready for school. I put on my favorite pair of skinny jeans a tank top and a hoodie.

I could hear my mom downstairs in the kitchen, so I put my shoes on grabbed my school bag and ran downstairs.

I couldn't handle talking to her this morning, not after what I did last night. I always feel worse after talking to her, I can see the judgment in her eyes and yet I'm all she has left. She is still so upset over mikes death she doesn't even ask if I'm okay, mostly because it's my fault he died. So I grabbed my keys and walked out the door. I got into my car and headed off to school.

***

As I walk into my first period class someone sticks their leg out and I fall on my face. I look up not surprised to see Jaime with a smug smile on his face. I glare up at him as I gather my things up off the floor and head to my seat at the back of the class.

When the bell rings to signal the beginning of class Mr. Gaskarth starts to talk about some huge paper we have to write. Just as he starts to talk about the paper in depth someone knocks on the door.

The door opens and our principle Mr. Sykes walks in with a new student. The first thing I notice about the new boy is that his black hair looks really nice against his pale skin. He was actually kind of hot.

While the principle tells the teacher about the student the boy looks at everyone in the room. As his gaze lands on mine I see him smile, I blushed and look down at my desk.

When Mr. Sykes leaves the room the teacher turns back to the class "Alright everyone this is Kellin Quinn, he will be joining our class. He just moved here from California. Let's make him feel welcome please. Kellin you may sit anywhere."

I look back at kellin and see him walk down my row and sit next to me. I hear a few girls gasp and some boys snicker. I turn to look at him and he smiled at me "Hi I'm kellin. What's your name?" "I'm Vic" I respond quietly.

Why is he sitting here? There are plenty of other places he could have sat. I look at him again "You should probably sit somewhere else" I say. He looks at me hurt "Why" he asks. "Well because people will start to make fun of you if you hang out with me"  I say. He smiled at me and said "I don't care what people say or do to me."

After he said that my heart fluttered and I blushed, I turned back to look at the teacher and I couldn't help but keep glance at him all throughout the class. I saw him look at me and smile. So I kept looking forward, when the bell rang ro dismiss class I jumped up grabbed my things and ran to my next class.