1

Donald sat by the eggs. The day had finally come.

Just a day after Della disappeared, her kids were hatching. Could Donald take care of them properly? What if one didn't hatch? He had heard of stories of parents waiting days for an egg to hatch, and it never happened.

Just then, one of the eggs broke open, the one wrapped in a red blanket. The duckling inside wailed, and he gently picked him up.

Just as he did, the second egg hatched. This second child cried louder than the first.

So, two down, one to go. But, minutes passed and the third child wasn't hatching. Donald was worried the third duckling was...

He stood up to grab his phone. When he returned, the third duckling had opened his little egg. His cry was quiet, but at least he was alive.

He picked up all the little ducklings. The first one opened his eyes, and looked up at Donald. He almost immediately turned away.

Donald looked at the teeny babies he held. Della had called them Jet, Turbo, and Rebel, but the first baby didn't look much like a Jet. So, he renamed them Hubert, Dewford, and Llewellyn. Sure, Della would explode if she found out...but she wasn't here.

The triplets fell asleep about an hour after hatching. Huey was curled up on top of Louie, who Donald figured would be the quietest child. Dewey kept moving around, as if something in his dreams was spooking him. Donald noticed that he had a hairstyle similar to Emmett's, just fluffier.

Dewey suddenly kicked Huey and Louie in his sleep. Huey began crying, but Louie didn't even twitch.

Donald picked up Huey. Upon closer inspection, Huey had Emmett's eye color, which was sapphire blue.

Kinda glad Della's not here, Donald thought. These kids have a lot of Emmett's traits.