14

Della sat next to Donald on the couch. They watched as the boys ran around, singing happy songs.

Then, the scene changed; the twins were up in space, with Della's oxygen running out fast. He tried to save her, he really did, but it was like running in place. She exhaled her last breath and was very still.

The scene changed again; Scrooge was yelling at him for losing her in the first place. Donald couldn't yell back; he was too frightened. Behind Scrooge stood the boys, crying their eyes out over losing Della.

Suddenly, he woke up. It was all a bad dream.

He wanted to get out of bed, but felt no energy in his being. He felt fever-ridden and sick.

"Uncle Donald, how are you doing?" Huey said, walking into the bedroom.

"What are you doing here?"

"You've been asleep for 2 days. You've been very sick."

"I have?"

"Your fever was very high. We had to call a doctor with your phone."

"Really? Oh, man, you guys took care of yourselves this whole time?"

"Not really. Dewey's been attempting to cook, I've been eating trail mix, and Louie didn't eat anything other than the cupcakes from our birthday."

Dewey came in with charcoal-black pancake-looking things, followed by Louie, who had one arm around his stomach and balancing a tray of graham crackers with the other.

"Boys, you didn't have to do this," Donald said, pushing away Dewey's tray of burnt pancakes.

"Yes, we did," Dewey said. "Huey forced us to, because you're sick."

"I didn't force you to," Huey said angrily. "I just asked you to do it."

"There was an option of not doing this?" Louie asked, smuggling graham crackers into his pocket.

The boys argued, giving Donald a serious headache.

"Boys, get out if you're going to be arguing, my head hurts."

The triplets left. Donald could still hear them arguing, even after they closed the door.

Oh, boy...