2

The triplets were learning how to walk. Huey had quickly gotten the hang of it, Dewey was struggling a little, and Louie had no interest whatsoever. Donald was used to this; Louie was quickly dubbed the laziest triplet.

Dewey made some odd sounds, and Donald looked over at him.

Huey was helping Dewey walk over to Donald. Dewey seemed very happy that he was getting a little bit of help. Then, the duo let go of each other and Dewey was walking on his own.

"Come on, Louie, walk for your uncle," Donald said, picking up Louie. "Be like your brothers. They can walk."

Louie pretended to fall asleep. Huey walked over to them and made sounds as if convincing Louie to walk. Louie held Huey's hand and together, they walked around the living room.

Huey's such a sweet baby, Donald thought, smiling at the sight of the duo.

"No!" Louie shouted.

"Lou, you need to eat something," Donald said, chasing after the toddling Louie.

"No!"

Louie had been refusing to do things ever since he discovered the television, and learned the word "no." Watching TV was the one thing in the world he would give up anything for.

Huey and Dewey simply watched the display. Huey would occasionally make an attempt to block off Louie's path, but Louie would shove him out of the way.

Donald had finally caught Louie, and now the toddler was screaming. Huey and Dewey covered their ears and wailed.

"Shut up!" Donald yelled, and silence fell.

"I don't have time for this. You eat when I tell you to, Llewellyn Duck, or that TV is going bye-bye! Got it, you little thorn-in-my-side?"

Louie nodded. He was scared of Donald's yelling, and wanted him to stop.

Donald had gotten the triplets into bed early. They had lost all motivation to do anything, except stay in the corner of their room huddled together. If he even tried to approach them, they would cover their faces and whimper. It wasn't until they had fallen asleep that he dared to pick them up and put them into their crib.

Perhaps he shouldn't have yelled; the poor babes were scared to death. He had to be more careful about raising his voice.