15

The boys weren't left alone for longer than a few minutes, even if Donald was sick. Being together with them more, he found out many alarming things.

Louie had somehow gotten into his password-protected phone and refused to let him take it back. Donald had to buy himself a new phone.

Huey, after being introduced to the Junior Woodchucks, carried their guidebook around under his hat, and he followed the rules to the letter. And he expected everyone to follow the rules, too.

And Dewey...he was starting to question what Donald had told them about Della. He searched all over the house for little scraps of history to find out what happened to her. The kid must've thought he was in an intriguing detective story.

It had been 2 years since the birthday when Donald returned with presents from Della. Dewey no longer had interest in his little wooden ducks, but more on how they got here. He managed to snoop around a bit, and found the receipt from the toy shop Donald bought them from. It made Dewey very suspicious, and he suspected Della might not even be their real mom.

He had cornered Donald in his room and questioned him like a detective.

"Where's our real mom? Where is she? Who was the woman you called on June 13, 2013?"

"Dewford Duck, you get that lamp out of my face before I squash you with it!" Donald yelled.

Dewey turned off the lamp and tossed it away. It bounced off a small yellow ball with a blue stripe and a red star. The lamp's light bulb shattered.

"Dewey, Della is your mom, you know that."

"Sure, sure. And she called us back then, and gave us those gifts? Didn't the person you called for us say she didn't know she had triplets?"

"Dewey, she was just confused a little. She's a hard-working duck who's rarely interrupted when she's doing whatever. The call simply threw her off guard."

"Hmm, I guess you could be right. Then, explain how you have the receipt for those toys she bought for us on our 8th birthday."

"She makes me pay for everything, that's why she didn't have time to wrap them, they were very last minute."

"Well...I guess that would solve everything...I don't know what else to ask."

Dewey let Donald go, although he looked very disappointed that he hadn't discovered anything disconcerting about Della.