8

Dewey was very bored. He had just searched the house for anything about their mom, but he couldn't find anything. But, then again, he didn't know what to look for, and he didn't know her name.

"Dewey, what's wrong?" Donald asked, walking in. "You're not sick, are you?"

"No, I...Can you tell me about Mom?"

"I already told you, she's gone."

"She's dead?!"

"No, no, no. She's out of town with your dad. She's a...voice actress."

"What?"

"She voices cartoon characters. She has a very distinctive voice, I'm sure you'd know it was her if you heard her on a cartoon show."

"Tell me what she sounds like."

Donald pulled on his shirt collar and led Dewey over to his computer. He turned on a video of a cartoon and let Dewey listen to the voice of the character.

"Is that Mom?"

"Yeah, that's her. She uses that voice every single time, it's hardly different when she does other characters' voices."

"What's her name?"

"Uh..."

"Tell me her name, please."

Donald sighed.

"She is Della Duck. Now, will you stop asking questions?"

Dewey frowned and walked away from the room. Donald closed his computer and sighed heavily. He just hoped Dewey wouldn't search too far into the cartoon, because Della wasn't the voice of that character. He had just noticed that Della and the other actress (Donald couldn't quite remember the name, maybe it was Patricia or Page) sounded alike.

"Unca Donald, Dewey just said Mom was on TV," Huey said.

"Ugh, tell him to shut up," Donald said, his head down on the desk. "He needs to stop asking questions about her, she'll come back when she comes back."

He took a picture frame from the desk and handed it to Huey.

"Give this to him, and tell him he can keep it if he stops asking me about your mom."

Huey ran out of the room with the picture.

"That one's Mom?" Dewey asked, pointing to the woman in the picture.

"Looks like it," Huey said. "She's Unca Donald's sister, and they kind of look alike."

"Yeah, you're right. You think Mom will be in a show that's not a cartoon?"

"So, we can see her? I don't know."

Dewey looked at the picture. His mom was beautiful, with short silky hair. However, she didn't look like someone you might find on TV, unless she was in costume; she appeared to be in a pilot's outfit.

He could ask Donald, but he'd risk getting the picture taken away from him. He held the frame close to his chest. It was the only thing of their mom's that he had, that was all his.