Thanksgiving

I didn't sleep, so here I am at 11pm to be exact, to get things ready today.

Demi and I made a deal, she got the food, I made the meals.

Demi's family would be here, Lani's, Dinah's, Ally's, Mani's, Lauren's, and Camila's.

So I better get started.

I started to cook the main courses first, praying that we had enough for everyone.

5 hours for the turkey and three hours for the ham.

I had two of each and I magically made them fit in the oven.

I quickly started on the sides, sipping a cup of coffee as I did so.

There were three long tables that held up to 10 people, plus outside on the patio with the three tables that held five.

I was focused on the meals, trying not to stress over it too much.

I made the sides, having already prepared the desserts ahead of time, thanks to Ally.

Of course Demi has gone all out with the shopping so here I am having to make everything she bought.

From potatoes to casserole, to corn on the cob and exotic things like stuffed peppers.

I was falling asleep and quickly woke myself up before checking the time.

3am the clock read and I quickly got back to work.

I was 10/40 sides in when a sleepy Lauren came downstairs.

"Y/N, what are you doing? It's 3am." Her raspy morning voice spoke, making me snap out of my sleep deprived state and get back to work.

We were whispering as we spoke, hoping to god we didn't wake anyone.

"Thanksgiving dinner. Someone had to do it and I was chosen this year." I spoke, gesturing to the chart on the fridge that determined who would buy or make things for each holiday.

"Wait? You're doing this alone?" She asked, dumbfounded.

I nodded, rubbing my eyes.

"I've been up since 11." I spoke, mixing the ingredients in the bowl.

"Shit, Y/N." Lauren spoke as she looked at the many sides I've already made and set aside.

"Who's idea was this? Letting you do this alone." She spoke rubbing her eyes.

"Demi." I said.

"We made a deal. She'd buy it all and I'd cook it." I said, quickly checking the turkey and ham before going back to what I was doing.

"Well you aren't doing this alone." She said.

"What else do you need done?" I shook my head rapidly.

"No, Lauren. Go back to bed, I got this." I spoke, a yawn leaving my lips.

"No, Y/N. If you're staying up all night, so am I." She spoke and looked at the list, getting started on a few other things.