29. wife, sister, mother

"It's just like turning off the gold glow, just concentrate." Evan tried to calm his daughter down and aiding her into making her wings disappear.

"It hurts, it hurts so bad, I just want to be in my bed." Brynley shook her head and let out a sob.

"Shh, it's okay, it's okay. You can stay in your bed for as long as you want once you make the wings disappear." Evan promised and Brynley nodded. She closed her eyes and let out a shaky breath. She concentrated and when she opened her eyes, her wings were gone. "Good job, blossom."

-

"Hey, come on in." Evan opened the door for Stefan and the Salvatore walked into the Fletcher household.

"Hey B." Stefan walked to the fairy, who sat at the kitchen table, drinking a glass of water. The Fletchers had just gotten home a few minutes before.

"Hi." Brynley tried smile. "Did he kill him? Is he dead? Where's Elijah?"

"Bryn," Stefan began and let out a sigh. "Elijah didn't kill Klaus."

"What? What do you mean he didn't? He promised me he would!" Brynley shook her head.

"Klaus said something about his family not being buried at sea, and Elijah froze. He didn't kill him and sped the two of them away." Stefan rambled and Brynley looked at him in shock.

"Brynley-B, are you okay?" Evan asked and Brynley shook her head.

"It's late, I'm gonna shower. Are we doing funeral stuff tomorrow?" Brynley avoided the questioned and Evan and Stefan nodded. Brynley stood up from the table and walked upstairs, into her room.

The Fletcher girl closed the door to her room, looked into the mirror that was on the other side of her door, and only thought one thing:

She looked like shit.

There was dried blood on her face from when her nose bled when she was doing the spell. There was dirt on her arms and knees from falling on the ground so much. Finally, there was blood and bruises forming on her back from Greta forcing her wings out with the spell.

"Lovely." Brynley rolled her eyes and grabbed a pair of shorts and a shirt before walking to the into the shower.

Once in the shower, the Fletcher girl finally released everything she had been holding back since she first woke up this morning. That's when she finally let out a sob, multiple following after. Brynley walked further into the water. Once her back was wet, she saw red in washing down her back and her legs and into the tub. Bryn reviewed everything that had happened today while she washed the blood off her face.

She saw her mom for the first time in 14 years.

And then she was killed right in front of Bryn's eyes.

Her wings were forced out of her body and it the most excruciating pain the fairy had ever experienced.

On the plus side, she broke a thousand-year curse.

But then Elijah betrayed her.

"Crap." Brynley ran her hands over her face. She couldn't tell if the water on her hands were tears or from the shower. Everything in her body hurt.

-

"I'm just gonna talk to her, for a little bit, if that's okay?" Brynley looked at her father the following day. They had just buried Amelia Hollis, Jenna Sommers, and John Gilbert.

"Yeah, of course, do you have your car or do you want me to wait for you?" Evan asked.

"Go with the Gilberts to their house, I don't want you to be alone. I'll be there soon." Brynley promised and walked over to her mother's grave. She was buried next to Evangeline Hollis, Amelia's mother and Brynley's grandmother. She died when Brynley was 2, so Brynley didn't remember a lot about her. On the other side of Amelia was her sister Belle, who died a coupe years ago. "Hi Grandma, Aunt Belle. Hi Mom."

Tears brimmed her eyes as she adjusted the roses on her mother's grave.

"Over the years, there were so many things I wanted to say to you, but when I saw you in the tomb yesterday, all of those things I wanted to say disappear. You left. You packed your suitcase and left. And there's no excuse for that, and I feel like I should hate you for that, but I don't," Brynley whispered while her eyes scanned over to the words on the grave. Amelia Hollis-Fletcher. Wife. Sister. Mother. "I love you, Mom. I love you even though you forced me to learn how to do everything a girl would typically do with mother by myself or with Dad. How to put a pad, a tampon, or even what a period was. How to do hair and makeup, and dress. A part of me wants to say that you don't even deserve to have the word 'mother' on your tombstone, but I can't. I remember some things with you before you left, and you were a such a good Mom. You would put my hair into a bun and wrap a green ribbon around it and would call me 'Tinkerbell.' I'm only just seeing the irony of that now. You were sort of implying what we were my whole life, you practically forced my obsessions with Tinkerbell, fairies, and butterflies."

"I kinda wonder what it would have been like to actually grow up with a mom. Would you have been able to tell what an a-hole Justin was? How different would I be if you were here the whole time?" Brynley wondered. "Would you be as clueless as what's going on with me and Elijah as Dad is? Actually, more like what was going on with me and Elijah. I miss him, and I hate that I miss him. He broke a promise Mom, and he's suppose to be the noble one. So much for all that soulmate stuff. I guess I should go, I'll come replace the flowers and stuff, be a decent human and all that. I'm really sorry this happened, Mom. I love you."

"I love you too." Amelia Hollis whispered to her daughter on the other side.