30. cave of misery

s2e22: as i lay dying

"Who dare enter my cave of misery?" Brynley groaned into her pillow as Matt walked into her room opening the curtain, letting the light in. It was two days after the funeral. "No!"

"Chill out, you're not a vampire." Matt joked and Brynley rolled her eyes.

"Right, you know about all that now." Brynley sat up.

"Yup, now your obsession with Tinkerbell and fairies as a kid makes a lot more sense." Matt smirked and picked up the Tinkerbell plushie Brynley has had since she was a toddler, Bryn snatching it back.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." Brynley apologized.

"It's fine, B-Bell, I kinda wish I didn't know anyways." Matt sighed. "Now get up, we're going to the Town Square for a movie to get your mind off things."

"No," Bryn shook her head. "I just want to stay here, and think about how my soulmate didn't kill the guy that killed my mother."

"Bryn, take it from someone who knows, thinking about the death too long is gonna drive you insane," Matt stood up and pulled the girl up from the bed. "You need focus on anything else, give it your best attempt to move on."

"I miss her, she left for 14 years and I miss her." Brynley mumbled and Matt pulled her into a hug.

"Completely understandable."

-

"So, have you talked to Tyler since he wolfed out on you?" Brynley asked as she and Matt sat down on a picnic blanket in the Town Square. They were playing "Gone with the Wind."

"Nope." Matt shook his head.

"You should, you guys need to clear some things up, and then we can go back to the three of us hanging out." Brynley suggested. "He should be here with us right now, Matt."

"You're right," Matt agreed. "But what do I even say to him?"

"To be honest, I have no idea," Brynley sighed. "'Hey, I saw you wolf out and I'm okay with it?'"

"But I'm not sure if I'm okay with it." Matt mumbled.

"Wait, what?" Brynley questioned. "I get that you don't want anything to do with the supernatural world, but it's not like Tyler can just put away his werewolf abilities. You kinda have to be okay with it."

"I wish I could go back to before I knew about all this stuff." Matt said.

"So do I," Brynley agreed. "My mom would still be not here, but she would be alive. The days would be like what they used to be. Wake up, go to school, and then the three of us would go to the Grill and laugh till we can't breath."

"I miss that." Matt sighed and Brynley nodded. "But hey, if all this hadn't happened, you wouldn't have Elijah and the soulmate thing."

"I don't have Elijah," Brynley replied. "He lied to me. I thought I could trust him Matt, and you know how hard that is for me. Trusting someone. How can I not trust my own soulmate?"

Matt was about to say something but Brynley let out a small scream of pain.

"Brynley, what's wrong?" Matt asked and Brynley started to rub her chest as immense pain settled into it.

"Oh my god," Brynley groaned and reached up to her nose, pulling away to see blood on her fingers. "Elijah's daggered."

"This," Matt gestured to the blood on her face. "Is because Elijah's daggered? Wait, what do you mean daggered?"

"Oh god," Brynley ran a hand through her hair and grabbed her bag. "I have to go, I'm sorry Matt."

"Go where? To help Elijah? He betrayed you, Bryn." Matt reminded.

"I don't have a choice, as long as he's in trouble, so am I." Brynley pointed at her nose bleed and ran to her car.

-

Brynley walked up to the apartment to the apartment where Elijah and the Martin witches were staying at before they were dead. She slipped off her bracelet and into her pocket. She tried to open the door, but it was locked.

"Descobrir." Brynley whispered before she heard a click and opened the door. She walked into the apartment, looking. "Hello? Anyone?"

Brynley let out a sigh and then took out her phone, calling Elijah for the fourth time.

"Frick." Brynley mumbled and reached into her pocket, pulling out a tissue to wipe her nose.

-

"So Klaus's blood is the cure for a werewolf bite?" Brynley asked later that night at the Salvatore boarding house after looking for Elijah for a couple hours. Her and Damon sat in the living room.

"Yup, and Stefan gave himself over to Klaus to get the cure for me." Damon sighed.

"Oh my god," Brynley's eyes widened. "If Stefan saw Klaus then that means Klaus is the one who daggered Elijah. Where are they?"

"We don't know." Damon admitted. "Tink, you got a little something."

Brynley reached up to her nose and saw blood on her fingers. She rolled her eyes before pulling out a wipe and cleaned her face.

"You don't look so good." Damon said and Brynley was about to answer but a rush of nausea hit her. She ran to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. Her eyes widened when she saw blood in the toilet.

"Brynley!" Damon ran after her, making sure to hold her hair back when the girl vomited. "This is happening because Elijah's daggered?"

"Nose bleeds, chest pains, throwing up blood," Brynley listed. "We have to get him back, Damon. I can't stay like this."

"We will, I promise, we will." Damon swore. "We need to get Stefan back too."

-

Brynley wasn't excited to fall asleep because she knew now that Elijah was daggered, the two of them would be in the dream world together. She tried to stay up as long as she could to avoid sleeping and seeing him, but after the past couple days she's had, she was exhausted.

"Damn it, I fell asleep," Brynley groaned as she looked around at her bedroom in the dream world. "No, no, wake up!"

"Brynley," Elijah walked into the room and Brynley shook her head, not wanting to be face him. She tried to walk out of the room but he grabbed her wrist. She turned to him and the original looked at her with desperate eyes. "I'm so sorry."

"Save it," Brynley pulled her wrist out of his grasp. "I don't want to talk to you."

"I know, and you have every right to be angry with me but please-"

"No!" Brynley shook her head.

"Brynley, Niklaus said-" Elijah tried to speak.

"He killed my mother, Elijah! Right in front me!" Brynley yelled as tears brimmed her eyes. "He reaches into her chest and pulled her heart out! And now she's dead, because of him. He killed her and Jenna and Elena and Jules, who I didn't even know but I still feel terrible for her! You said you were going to kill him. You looked into my eyes and promised me you were going to kill him."

"He said he would take me to see my family." Elijah whispered.

"And then he betrayed you, like you betrayed me!" Brynley shouted. "He betrayed you and daggered you, and now I'm suffering because of it too!"

"I'm so sorry." Elijah apologized. "Niklaus daggered me at Alaric's apartment, maybe I'm still there."

"Damon checked already, Klaus took you and Stefan and left Mystic Falls," Brynley replied and reached up to her nose, blood on her fingers. "And I'm stuck like this until we find them."

a/n: the next chapters are going to be torture for all of u xoxo luv u all