1

AN: This story is dedicated to one of my friends. She may never read this, but if she does (and I hope she does because it is dedicated to her), well, hi. Apparently she ships Jarlo but she finds all of the fanfiction weird. Like, weird compared to some of the stuff that she reads. (and the stuff she usually reads is pretty weird shit.) So I have tried to write something a bit better, but for now, enjoy the story.

ONE (starts from Claire explaining everything to Sera)

Seraphina sat in her bed, sipping boba tea and listening to Claire's story about how John almost killed everyone in his year. 

"You know, it was so scary, and I was stuck in the infirmary for weeks. If it wasn't for the law, I think that he would have gone on a killing spree and killed everyone, including the teachers. He wouldn't even care. He's so awful." explained Claire, finished her story.

"Yeah he is. The thing is, I've only been a cripple for a short while, but it's painful. I think that if I had grown up being bullied by high-tiers, I would want to get revenge especially if it was right in front of me." Sera said.

"Nothing excuses trying to murder people." Claire snapped. "He shouldn't have done what he did. Self defence is all he had to learn to do, not attacking people for the heck of it."

"I guess so. You're right. And I'm scared. What if I turn out like John when I get my ability back? If  I get my ability back."

"Sera, look. You won't become like that because you are better than John. You know the consequences of those actions, and it is a path that you will not take. John became the very thing that he swore to destroy."

"I hope that you are right about me. Thank you for telling me all this. And I really hope that John gets better. I really cared about him before he beat up my best friends."

"Me too."

"Thank you, Claire."

"Goodnight."

Sera closed her laptop lid, and flopped onto her bed. Ever since she had lost her ability, she had felt more and more angry and dejected with each day. And (although she hated to admit it) she had loved John, and she was going to tell him that. But then the Joker thing happened. It was like John had become a different person, one that Sera couldn't bring herself to trust. 

She had become worthless, for trusting the wrong people and losing her ability. Sighing, Sera reached over to put her laptop away, and then curled up into a ball. Sera missed her sister. Leilah would understand and she would be there to support her. 

***

After beating up a annoying green-haired guy, John walked back to his dormitory and sat in his chair. Sera didn't trust him anymore, and just about everyone believed that he was Joker. What was there to fight for? The hierarchy was so messed up anyway, if given enough time, it would have crumbled under itself. The high-tiers were so cruel and egotistical. So horrible and sadistic.

But first, he needed to deal with asslo *ahem* Arlo breaking his deal. 
"I wonder how I could make Arlo pay. After all, I am the king. Possibilities are endless," John said to himself smugly.