7

"Leilah."

Sera, for the 50th time, was meeting someone at Woaba boba. But this time was different. It was to meet her sister.

"Sera."

Leilah hadn't seen her sister in a long time. That was probably the one regret she had for severing ties with her family.

Arlo and Claire sat in their chairs awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

"Alright, so, let's get down to business." Leilah said, breaking the tension with a smile.

"It's a good thing Isen isn't here," Claire laughed.

"Huh? Why? And who's Isen?" said Leilah, thoroughly confused.

"A guy who thinks that everything is a reference. Alright. So, what do we do? Just tell us everything. If you think that this is the time to catch up on all our lost years, it isn't, so just wait until later so that Claire and I can be on our way." Arlo responded.

"Uhh... Tough crowd. Anyway, the way to find the cure is basically: get the abilities back. And the way to do that? Extract them. It would be simple enough if we could prove that someone took an ability enhancer, but there is no way to prove it. Just because their ability is suddenly more powerful, it doesn't mean that they took something." Leilah explained.

"Well, Remi thinks that the two groups; the people who dampen, and the people who enhance, might not be related." added Sera.

"Which means that we cannot take the abilities from anyone if we have no reason. Unless you break the law (which I would advise against), there is no way to get the abilities." Arlo concluded.

Claire spoke up; "What if you took the abilities from John?"

"That's immoral, and illegal." Arlo snapped. "Breaking the law isn't good. I don't get why this is so damn hard for you all to understand."

"Yes, but John rules unfairly. More than that, he attacks people for no reason. If anyone breathes in the presence of John, they're dead. I say we should." said Sera, angry at John for literally everything.

"And, he almost killed me." Claire interrupted.

"Fine, you do what you want. Just don't involve me."

***

Isen internally screamed, looking at his flyers that were torn up and discarded.
Safe house was a failure.

"Isen, it's fine, don't worry. That was only going to be a temporary solution anyway. We just need to defeat John now." Remi said, trying to be positive.

"Arlo told me that they plan to take John's ability." Blyke interjected.
Horrified, she gasped.
"I... I don't think I can be part of that."

"They didn't ask you." Blyke said grimly. "They're doing it. They won't stop at anything to defeat him."

AN: I will try to get to the Jarlo part as quickly as possible. I am going to make the sera's cure part a bit shorter than intended.