9

As per usual: sorry for the long wait and short chapter, this is probably the biggest break I have ever taken. I guess I haven't really been motivated since the reason I wrote this story was for a friend but she stopped reading Jarlo fanfics. However I will not stop writing this. I will write it until it's finished.

Leilah gasped.
"Sera! It's back!"
And Arlo, ever the pessimist, had to ask a question to ruin the mood.
"So, yeah, that's great and all, but are you still a god-tier or do you have to train again?"

Sera frowned, considering it.
"I don't know, I'll have to test it out."
She froze Arlo, Claire and multiple other objects.
Grinning, she released them.
"Still got it!" she quipped cheerfully. The light mood didn't really match her feelings, though. She felt like crashing into bed so she could rest and take time to process everything. Luckily for her it was actually getting really late, so she had an excuse to leave Arlo's apartment and go to her dorm so she could get some sleep.

***
Arlo's dream

John stood on the rooftop, surveying the school, his back to the entrance of the roof. Arlo approached him from behind. In the way of dreams, he somehow knew that John would not attack him.

"Why are you here? Are you okay?" Arlo heard, and he realised that it was himself.
Turning around, John smiled at Arlo, taking a few steps closer to him.
"No, but only because I didn't get to see you."
Even in his dream, Arlo cringed at the cheesy line.
And suddenly they were only an inch apart, lips almost touching, eyes half-closed. Arlo didn't even have time to be surprised when John closed the distance with a passionate kiss.

***
Arlo had been struggling to remember his dream. Throughout having breakfast, taking a shower and brushing his teeth, he had wracked his brain. It was only when Sera texted him about how annoyed she was that she couldn't go on the rooftop anymore because of John's unstable mental condition, that he remembered. Surely it didn't mean anything. Lots of people probably dreamed about kissing their enemy.

But... Just to reassure himself, he had to search this up.
"what does it mean when you dream about kissing someone"
How do you feel about the kiss? Does it symbolise new romance or is it a goodbye kiss? Dreaming of kissing passionately may signify unfulfilled desire.

Shit, he thought to himself. I don't know why I thought this was a good idea. Clearly it wouldn't be. I would have felt better if I hadn't searched that up. How do I feel about the kiss? Yes, much to my dismay, I felt great about the kiss, and, no, it clearly wasn't a goodbye kiss. Does that mean I have an unfulfilled desire? Would it help if I fulfilled the desire? I hate having dreams about kissing John. But I'm not stupid enough to just go up to him and kiss him. Although I've never actually kissed anyone... Maybe I just need to kiss someone. 

A glance at the clock shook him out of his spiral. He needed to get to to school.