10

Isen sighed, pushing hair from his face. He had completely given up on trying to contact Arlo. Why didn't he just pick up his damn phone once in a while?

If they were going to try to take away John's ability, that would make things better for the world, but they should have some empathy. Imagine what people would do to him when he became a cripple again! Imagine how he would feel, stripped of his powers and back to the place he hated so much.

As he walked absentmindedly across the school hall, he saw Sera wandering around.

"Oi, Sera!" Isen called out, running to meet her.

"Yeah?"

"Arlo told Blyke that you were going to try to find a way to get rid of John's abilities."

"..." Sera sighed, resting her forehead on her fingers. "so...?" she said, gesturing for him to continue.

"I don't think you should do that."

"Isen, let's discuss this later. I don't really have the energy to talk to you right now"

"No, we're going to talk right now, because this is just cruel and hypocritical and -"

Sera cut him off.
"Do you understand what it's like to be betrayed by the one person you trust? When you thought you finally met the one person who you could truly be friends with? Before I met John, I trusted no-one, and you of all people knew what I was like. And I don't mean to be emotional or anything, but I'm really angry at him for taking all that away from me."

With that, she stalked off into the bathroom, not wanting to listen to Isen's crap.

***

John huffed. When were people going to understand that nothing was going to change this hierarchy? He was King, and they should understand that. Perhaps it was really fate calling to him when Sera lost her abilities. The one person who may be able to take him down if he wasn't careful.

As he strode down the courtyard, Zeke following him like a loyal puppy, scaring off anybody who was brave enough to look his way, he contemplated what would have happened if Arlo hadn't pushed him over the edge. What did Arlo think he was doing, anyway? At first, he thought Arlo was cool, and he thought that if he gave Arlo a chance, he might have turned out to be a friend, or an ally. And even when John took power, Arlo still maintained his calm, confident, cool exterior, so even though he was an asshole, he respected him for that. Speaking of Arlo, he still had that binder that Arlo gave him in his room, but he didn't use it.
Thinking of Arlo often led him to remember his first impression of him, and although the thought was fleeting - ugh. He subtly shook his head at the memory. It made him cringe. Seriously. When you first see someone, especially the (former) King, your first thought should NOT be
damn, that guy's hot, I'd like to fuck him some day. Maybe he's a nice guy too, we could get along well.
Of course, after learning about his personality, the latter statement changed quickly, but the former remained the same.
Turning around the corner, he reminded himself that sometimes it was best not to remember the past when more important goals were on his mind.
Still, unresolved issues were... unsatisfying. He smirked to himself. Would it be presumptuous of him to assume that he could force Arlo into such a situation? Not only for his own pleasure, of course, but also to show him that it was all his fault and that he was going to pay for it in whichever way John saw fit. It may sound utterly ridiculous, but as he did have certain authority and power as the King, it wouldn't sound so ridiculous if he demonstrated more frequently what happened to those who disobeyed him.

***

A/N: Isen is supposed to be a little shallow and comical and a bit of a bakadere in this part. Don't take him too seriously lol