💫there all along💫

Hey people it's me Lavender. sooooooo I started a oneshot book. enjoy uwu

Summary: Tony and Steve have always disagreed. But what happens if they forgave each other? Will they realize that they were always right there?

Ships: Stony (which i dont really ship but whateverr)

Warnings: Arguing, slash ship, songfic, not exactly canon compliant (oops?)

Word count: 829

-

We fought

"Take off the suit and what are you?" Steve asked threateningly, glaring directly into Tony's eyes. The other Avengers looked on as the two bickered.

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist," Tony recited angrily.

"I know people with none of that worth ten of you," Steve spat, glaring daggers.

We hated

"Everything special about you came out of a bottle," Tony retorted.

"At least I don't go around getting girlfriends every other day." Suddenly the alarm rang. "Put on the suit."

Tony nodded and the two of them ran out.

We disagreed

"The safest hands are still our own," Steve said.

"We killed people, innocent people, for God's sake, Steve!" Tony shouted. "And that was when we weren't controlled by the government! We need to be put in check."

"I can't sign this." Steve got up and walked away.

Not really friends

"I'm trying to keep-" Tony sighed and lowered his voice a little. "I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart."

"You did that when you signed," Steve growled.

But not enemies

"I'm sorry, Tony," Steve said, standing outside the Compound door in the rain. His head was down and his whole body was shaking. If they hadn't argued a year ago Tony might've felt bad for him. Yet there was a part of him that wanted to forgive.

"Come inside," he said.

"What?" Steve looked up, and it was the first time Tony had seen his eyes since Germany. They say the eyes are the door to the soul. Maybe that was true. Tony stared at the once blue eyes. They were now dark, gloomy, sad, and nothing like how they were before.

"Come inside," Tony repeated.

"Are you sure? I kinda tried to kill y-" Tony shook his head, cutting him off.

"Forget it. Now do I have to tell you again, Capsicle?" Tony asked him, a smile playing on his lips. "Come in."

Maybe I'd know if you were the one

Soon enough, Steve was in something that wasn't soaked by the rain and they sat in the kitchen, Tony trying (and failing) to make chicken noodle soup.

"Ah, screw it. I'll just order pizza." Tony turned off the stove and turned to Steve. "Hawaiian pizza sound good to you?"

"Sure," Steve said. "Anything's fine with me."

"Friday?" Tony asked.

"Already on it, Boss," Friday said. "Pizza arriving in 15 minutes."

"Thanks, Friday," said Tony. He looked back at Steve, who was smiling.

But were you

"Thanks, Tony. For everything."

If only I'd looked a bit closer

"Where's the rest of the team? I was looking for them earlier," Steve asked.

"Rhodey's doing Colonel things but he'll be back in half an hour. Pepper's on a business trip with Happy. Peter's at school, Vision and Wanda bought an apartment together. T'Challa returned to Wakanda," Tony replied, counting them all on his fingers. "Where's your team?"

"On the run," Steve said. "I told them I'd check back here. I didn't say how long I'd be gone."

If only I'd got you before you'd gone

"Things have been hard without everyone else, what with being a known fugitive and such," Steve continued. "But they'll manage. I'll go find them tomorrow and get out of your hair."

"Sounds good," Tony said. He was just starting to get used to Steve being back. "I haven't touched your room. Or anyone's, for that matter. I kind of couldn't look at them after our big fight. I wish I'd forgiven you earlier, but it was kinda hard, you know?"

"I'm sorry you felt that way and I'm sorry I did that to you," said Steve quietly.

"Yeah, I'll be honest, I don't forgive you fully," Tony replied, "But-"

"You have good reason to. I didn't really expect you to forgive me."

"But," continued Tony, "I'm willing to try. Oh, and pizza's here now. I'll go get it." Steve nodded and Tony got up.

If only I wasn't so far from you

"You know, I wish we could've gotten closer. I realize that we kind of never got to get to know each other," Steve said once Tony came back.

"Yeah, it was like, 'Hi, I'm Steve.' 'Cool, I'm Tony.' 'Let's go kick some bad guys in the face.' 'Yes.' And then roll credits, post credit scene, et cetera et cetera," Tony remarked.

"Let's do it now," said Steve, biting his pizza.

"Sure."

I'd have realized

"I didn't know you liked llamas, Tony!" Steve said.

"Now you know," Tony answered. The two were laughing together as if they knew each other their whole lives.

You were there all along

"Alright, I'm going to bed," Steve said after a while.

"Night Steve, love you," Tony replied, not entirely aware of what he just said.

"What?" Steve asked confusedly.

"Did I just say that? Oh my God I-" Tony was rambling something about random phrases until Steve cut him off.

"Love you too, Tony." And with that, the two went to bed.

tadaaaaa

ok bye guys stay safe and smack corona in the face

~ Lavender 💛