9

Songs:

Miss You~Louis Tomlinson

Little Do You Know~Alex & Sierra

"In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you"

Buddha

~Em's POV~

After laying on the couch for a few minutes, listening to the voices in the room, I slowly drifted off. All of a sudden I was in the forest I could feel the Sun rays shining onto me as the clouds overhead drifted between the Sun.

I looked over to the left and saw that Reese was walking next to me. We were talking, not about anything in particular just talking. We noticed that there was a rabbit jumping back and forth on the path. Getting curious, Reese tried to approach the rabbit and it jumped away. We tried to follow it through the forest and it ended up leading us to a house. The house with a large white mansion sort of house that was overgrown with moss.

This time, we both got curious and decided to go explore the house. As we got in, there was so many rooms but one of them was locked. I tried the doorknob again and it didn't work. I was about to give up as I leaned on the door but I fell through like the door had disappeared?

Inside of the room we found a golden goblet type cup we picked it up and looked inside to see an old necklace. I was about to put it on when I felt someone shaking me awake.

I groaned as the harsh light hit my eyes, causing me to squeeze them shut.

"awe she really must not feel good,"

"I still don't see why you had to wake the poor thing up."

the room erupted into quite whispers about me and how "cute" I was. Attempting to drown them out, I rolled over and pulled the blanket over my head.

It wasn't long until I felt my dads large hand against my back.

"come on princess, we can go back to the hotel for the night now," He spoke softly, rubbing small circles against my back. In response tuned back over, my eyes meeting his, and held my arms up, grabbing with my hands to signal I wanted to be carried.

He chuckled and shook his head "Of course you do," He said softly in a teasing manner as he lifted me up.

Once I was secure in my dads arms the team started waking to get the others. I on the other hand nestled my head out of the light in order to avoid making my headache worse.

After a few seconds I could feel myself slipping away and this time, I didn't even try to fight it, I just fell asleep.

...

"Em" my dad whispered. I let my eyes flutter open and take in the scene around me. I found myself in the bathroom of the hotel, causing me to send a questioning look to my dad who was still holding me.

"I know you don't feel well so I ran you a warm bath, just get cleaned up then you can come to bed ok?" He instructed me softly.

Nodding, I focused on keeping my balance as he put me back down. A few moments later I was standing alone in the bathroom. I sighed and slowly started to take my clothes off.

The mirror I stood in front of caught my attention as I stared deeply into my own eyes. My gaze slowly drifted down my body and to my thigh where the fresh wounds I had inflicted on myself were still very noticeable.

I didn't want them there anymore. It was a constant reminder of what I was doing and how it was wrong. I was so selfish that I thought I deserved to be happy and completely ignored the obvious effects it would have on my family. I deserved these marks and more of them too.

Unfortunately, now there is no way to fix what I've done. I can't escape without hurting someone. So now I need to hurt myself along the way too.

I broke my attention from the mirror and climbed into the bath, letting the warm water take over me as I got cleaned up for the night.

...

After finishing up I walked out to the main part of the room to find Reece already asleep and my dad staring at me. Did he want something? I stared blankly back at him for a few seconds before he cracked a smile.

"Feeling any better sweets?" He questioned me, his voice laced with concern.

"Not really," I shrugged. It wasn't a lie. Even though I was physically a lot better I was still drowning mentally.

"You look a little better," He pointed out, "Maybe you should try to get some more sleep. You guys have got schoolwork tomorrow,"

I sighed, having forgotten all about school, but nodded anyways. "Yeah that should be fun," I said sarcastically causing my dad to roll his eyes.

"Learning is fun, I really don't understand why you guys don't see that," He said, standing up and walking over to my side of the bed. I stared back at him while he stood by the bed, trying to tell me to get to sleep without actually having to tell me.

"It very much is not if all I do is work extra hard to understand what everyone else is getting within minutes." I stated while walking back to me bed.

"You are so dramatic jeez," I heard Reece mumble causing me to tense a bit.

"You're learning and that's what's important right now, one day you'll have a better skill set then all those kids combined because you learned how to work while they learned how to get by doing the bare minimum," He said trying to comfort me while tucking me into bed.

I know that I had just let out all my negative feelings regarding school somewhat suddenly but I really don't see the point of going somewhere everyday and not even enjoying it. Not even getting anything valuable from it. But maybe my dad was right, maybe there was truly something valuable.

At least I hoped so. Otherwise I'm going through all of this. All of this for nothing.

"There is a difference between giving up and knowing when you've had enough."
Unknown