13

Songs: 

Six Feet Under~Billie Eilish

Still~Niall Horan

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret"

Ambrose Bierce

~Em's POV~

"I not going to ask you again Emily what else are you hiding from me?" My dad stood in front of me, his voice dangerously low, this had gone on for 10 minutes now. Once he hung up the phone he went straight to asking questions and I went straight to crying.

I sat in front of him, a sobbing mess. I had my knees pulled to my chest and my head tucked between them, trying desperately to drawn out the yelling. I had told him everything, honestly. I told him how long this has gone on. I told him why Reese and I weren't talking. I told him everything that made me feel so worthless and he couldn't see that through his anger.

What he could see was that I was holding back something. He could see that I had a secret and there's no way in hell I'm telling him, not right now. Not ever. You'd think that being a profiler he could see that I was hurting or that I was scared. But right now all he could see was that I lied to him.

I knew that I had another 20 minutes of this before everyone would be here. And I knew it would only get worse.

"I'm not hiding anything!" I screamed back at him in a desperate attempt to make the whole situation go away.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that," He said lowly, nearing a whisper. Somehow, through my fear, I stood and stormed towards the stairs, or attempted to.

"You can't get out of this," My dad growled as he caught my wrist. I winced slightly but he didn't seem to notice. Not that he was noticing anything that upset me at the moment.

"I said I was sorry," I whimpered, causing him to release my arm. I settled my eyes on the floor.

"I know," He said, his voice softening. "I'm sorry too, I should have reacted differently," I shook my head, not looking up. I know that whatever I said triggered something, I know he's thinking rationally now, and I know that if I look at him I'll break down even further.

"I shouldn't be here in the first place," I whispered, not actually meaning for him to hear. I knew he did though when I felt him pull me in for a hug, lifting me into his arms. I found myself accepting immediately, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist, clinging on to him like my life depended on it. Maybe it did.

"Em it's okay, I'm just worried," He said, beginning to rub circles on my back. I don't understand what he has to be worried about. Maybe it's the fact that I hid a relationship with Henry. Or maybe it's more of what he doesn't know. Maybe he's worried that the girl he's holding is hiding more then he thinks, or at least something more serious then he thinks.

"Worried?" I asked, my voice cracking as the tears started to flow more rapidly.

"I guess you could say that I'm worried that because you hid this from me, you might hid something bigger," He said, pain evident in his voice. "Promise me Em, promise me that if you're ever in danger, if you're ever scared, or if anything is upsetting you you'd tell me. From now on no secrets," He asked, I could tell he was truly worried, at this point so was I.

"Dad..." My voice faded as I realized this was a promise I couldn't honestly make. Sure if I was being threatened or something he's the first one I would turn to. But some things I just can't tell him, I can't promise him that there'll be no secrets.