May 28, 2016

“Anna!”

I pulled the phone back from my ear as the high pitched voice screamed my name. “What? I mean, hi? What’s up, Callie?” I sighed, rubbing my hand down over my face. My head was pounding and her screaming didn’t help.

“I… um… I woke up and then I turned over and there was someone there and I was really confused-”

“Okay?” I sighed again. “So you slept with someone?”

“Yes, but-” I waited for her to continue but she didn’t.

“But what?”

“It was Luke.”

I shrugged. She couldn’t see me, but I shrugged. “Okay?”

“NO, ANNA, YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND. I. SLEPT. WITH. LUCAS.”

“No I do,” I yawn, sitting up in bed. “I’m just not that surprised.”

She sounds flustered as she tries to find words. “What do you mean ‘not surprised’? I WAS SURE AS HELL SURPRISED.”

“No, I just saw the way he looked and acted around you- wait… Are you still in there with him?” I sat up in bed, running a hand through my hair.

“God no,” She attempts to chuckle. “I got out as quickly as I could. Anna, I don’t know what to do. I mean I slept with Lucas.”

“Go back in there and do it again.”

“What? What the hell are you talking about?”

“Go and fuck him again. I mean, you did it once so why not? Take advantage of it.” I shrug again, throwing my legs over the side of the bed and climbing off.

“WHAT? NO.” I could hear her shaking her head. “I mean, I definitely want to but like no.”

“And why not?”

“Because he is Lucas.”

“And what is wrong with Lucas?”

“Nothing, nothing, he’s just incredibly hot.”

I chuckle. “I feel ya.” Sighing, I continue. “Get back in there before he wakes up and realizes you’re not there and you create an entirely new awkward situation.”

“Fine, fine.” She sighs and I can tell she is brushing her bangs out of her eyes. “I will, but I won’t like it.”