32. stop suffering

Brynley has a process every time she and Damon visited a house that had been previously visited by Klaus and Stefan. While Damon dealt with the bodies, Brynley would go upstairs and grabb as much stuff as she could. She would put some clothes and shoes in bags, and then after she would drop them off at charities or shelters. After she packed the clothes, she would look around for jewelry, most of it she donated, only letting herself keep something if she really, really liked it.

"Brynley, let's go!" Damon yelled from downstairs as the fairy slipped a couple of necklaces into the duffle bag she managed to find in the closet. Bryn grabbed the bag and ran downstairs.

"What were you doing?" Alaric looked at the girl.

"Getting clothes, shoes, and jewelry." Brynley answered.

"At every house we go to, she grabs as much stuff as she can. On the way back, we find a shelter or some charity place and she drops the stuff off," Damon explained. "Basically, she's being a good person."

"I feel kinda bad though, stealing from dead people," Brynley admitted. "But why should we let all this stuff burn with the bodies when people who really need it could be using it?"

"Wow, I'm going to hell." Damon mumbled and looked down at the floor. "Hang on."

He placed the gas of tank back in the floor and pulled a rug up. It revealed a hidden trapdoor which Damon opened, and the three of them saw a room full of chains.

"Well, what do you know? Werewolves."

-

It was now time for Elena's 18th birthday party, which Bryn, Damon, and Alaric all arrived late to because of their road trip. They stopped at a homeless shelter to drop off the stuff Brynley got. Then later they stopped a gas station so Brynley could change into the party outfit she brought in case they didn't make it back on time.

"Oh...the Stoner den. Buzzkill." Caroline grinned as she, Brynley, and Elena walked into a room at the Salvatore boarding house.

"Hey guys." Matt stood up and he and Elena exchanged greetings.

"Were you smoking?" Brynley asked him and he shrugged before taking a glance at Caroline and walking away.

"He hates me. His hatred of me, has driven him to drugs!" Caroline panicked.

"God no, he doesn't hate you, he hates that he's not with you." Brynley corrected.

"Is that my brother?" Elena pointed at Jeremy, who was smoking a joint.

"Hey, just make sure he doesn't show up stoned to work, I'm gonna go talk to Matt." Brynley walked away from the two girls.

-

"I wish we could just find him," Brynley sighed as she and Elijah laid on her bed in the dream world. "I just want you undaggered."

"I just want you to stop suffering because of me." Elijah said and Brynley leaned her head on his shoulder.

"This isn't because of you, it's Klaus. He's the one who daggered and tricked you into not killing him when you had the chance." Brynley shook her head.

"Have you been eating?" Elijah asked and Brynley nodded. "Good."

"I miss when you were cooking for me though." Brynley smiled.

"Yes, I'm sure you miss my cooking because it actually tastes good." Elijah smirked.

"Hey," Brynley laughed. "I've gotten better, but thank god I have my dad or else."

Brynley rubbed her chest, pain aching her as she realized something.

"Elijah?"

"Yes, butterfly?"

"Do you think we'll ever find you?" Brynley whispered and Elijah looked down at the girl, fear in her blue eyes, tears brimming them. "Because if we don't, I'm gonna die and I-I don't want to die."

"No, no, no," Elijah shushed her, wrapping his arms around her. "You're not gonna die love, everything will be fine."