Chapter 12: THE INTERHIGH TOURNAMENT

OH CRAP. I'M LATE. I'M LATE. "HOW DOES SOMEONE SLEEP PAST THREE ALARMS."

H: Why are you yelling this early.

"CLEARLY I'M NOT YELLING LOUD ENOUGH IF YOU CAN'T HEAR ME SAY I'M LATE." I grabbed a travel size carton of milk for Tobi and some extra saltines for Hinata, hugged Hajime and headed out the door. "GOOD LUCK TODAY HEDGE" I called as I ran out. I stored the crackers and milk in my bag.The purpose you ask, the crackers, they were just in case Hinata's tummy was upset again, and the milk, wellllll that was tradition. Every game day since we first met in middle school I had gifted Tobi some milk as a token of good luck. The one time I forgot, Tobi had played the "worst game of his life". By "worst game of his life" he meant that instead of having a 100% set rate it dropped down to 96, which to him is unacceptable. As I made it to school I had seen everyone there waiting for me. "SORRY I'M LATE!" I breathed out as I finally stopped running. Once I caught my breath I walked up to Tobi and handed him his milk. He took it happily as we began loading the bus. "Wait Hinata, How about we sit together today?"

*blushes* H: YES SURE. I'D REALLY LIKE THAT.

K: Why are you sitting with him?

"I'm sorry, did you want a repeat of the practice match?"

K: You're right, but on the way home we're sitting together.

"AWWWWWW. *grabs Kageyama's cheek* IS SOMEBODY JEALOUS THAT HE'S BEING REPLACED BY AN ORANGED HEADED CUTIE? *Starts poking his cheek* MAYBE I'LL CHANGE MY SEAT PERMANENTLY, ABSENCE DOES MAKE THE HEART GROW FONDER.

*blushes, slaps my hand away* K: AS IF I'D EVER BE JEALOUS OF A DUMBASS LIKE THAT.

The entire ride Hinata was telling me about how excited he was. We were laughing and having such a good time that it hurt me a little to look over and see Tobi so angry. After we got off the bus, I ran up and hugged Tobi from behind.

*Blushes* T: HUH, HEY, LET GO.

I let go and he turned around to face me. I stared straight into those midnight blue eyes and said "Tobio Kageyama, you are my best friend and nothing is ever going to change that." I kept the intense look on my face and held up my pinkie.

*Flashback*

"Promise me."

K: No

"DO IT"

K: I don't want to, it's embarrassing.

"DO IT NOW OR THE MILK GOES DOWN THE DRAIN."

*blushes* K: FINE, I PROMISE THAT I'LL ALWAYS BE YOUR FRIEND.

"AND" I said as I began pouring the milk down the drain.

K: AND I'LL STOP PICKING MILK OR ANY DAIRY PRODUCT OVER YOU.

I smiled."Pinky promise"

K: Is all of this really necessary?

I help up my pinky awaiting his reply. He sighed and wrapped his finger around. "WAIT DON'T FORGET TO LOCK IT IN. IT WON'T COUNT IF YOU DON'T." With our pinkies interlocked, our thumbs met sealing our promise and binding our life long friendship.

*End of Flashback*

Tobi smiled as he remembered when we first made that promise. He wrapped his pinky around mine and we joined our thumbs to seal it in. After I had fixed Tobi, I ran up to Kiyoko to see if she needed help. Suddenly Tanka and Noya started circling around us and facing the other teams. Kiyoko looked at me. I nodded. She picked up two clipboards and slammed them both on their heads.