Chapter 37: HE'S NOT JUST SOME GUY

Like the summer, September came and went. It was October and National Qualifiers were in a short couple of weeks. My suspension got lifted and I was allowed to join the team again. Practice was going into overdrive. The boys were putting 120% of themselves into every game and practice.We had taken a couple of trips to the Kanto region to train with the other teams in Tokyo. I had been thinking more and more about the prospect of transferring to Nekoma. My parents were on board seeing as Nekoma had overall better testing averages as well as students transitioning into university life. Hedge was happy for me and said it made sense knowing I wanted to go to university in Tokyo regardless. Aiko was overjoyed thinking that we'd be able to be roommates. But there were still two people that had to know before I started the paperwork. "Babe, I have to talk to Tob about it before I say yes. I'll go now."

K: And get his blessing?

"Stop. It's not like that."

K: You don't need anyone's permission to transfer to Nekoma.

L: (P/N)'S TRANSFERRING TO NEKOMA?

B: NO WAY, (P/N), AS YOUR BACKUP BOYFRIEND I WANT YOU TO TRANSFER TO FUKURODANI INSTEAD. SOMEONE HAS TO KEEP AKAASHI COMPANY.

K: WELL IT'S A GOOD THING I'M HER ACTUAL BOYFRIEND, BECAUSE SHE HAS TO WATCH OVER MY IDIOTS AND KENMA.

"GUYS, STOP. Look at what you just did." They turned around to see my boys staring wide eyed.

A: You didn't tell them.

"I didn't get the chance." I walked over to the team who was still quiet and analyzing every move I made. I smiled "He-

N: HEY, HEY, THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY.

E: Noya relax

S: Just give her a chance to explain.

N: WHAT'S THERE TO EXPLAIN. YOU WANT TO LEAVE, YOU WANT TO TRANSFER THAN GO.

T: NOYA RELAX MAN.

H: (P/N), do you really want to go?

Y: Kageyama, are you okay?

K: I'm fine. You guys have no right to be mad at her. If she wants to transfer, let her. It's her choice. I've got to go.

Tobi threw down the volleyball he had an iron grip on and walked away. "TOBI WAIT."

D: Let him go (P/N), one battle at a time.

"Listen up, all of you. I'm not going anywhere, at least not yet. I was going to talk to you all about this. I was going to tell you before someone blew up my spot, but nothing is set in stone. It was just a thought. I haven't even started my paperwork. That day I went to visit, I just kind of fell in love with the school and the teachers, but I knew something was missing and that was my crazy, unbalanced, crackhead kids. We're a team and I could've never left without you guys supporting it."

N: Well I'm not supporting it so you can't go

E: Noya, apologize.

N: SHE'S NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE. WE'RE ON THE EDGE OF SOMETHING GREAT.

A: NOYA STOP IT.

"Ashai, it's okay."

A: NO IT'S NOT. Noya, in the time that you've known (P/N) has she ever done anything for herself. She sat besides us and supported our dreams. She brought me back and helped me face my fears, don't you think she deserves the same respect. We're a team, and if transferring is going to make her happy, we should support her.

D: (P/N), we're on your side no matter what you decide.

"Thank you, all of you, but there's one person I need to talk to."