33. living hell for me

s3e3: the end of the affair

Another two months have past and it's now almost the end of August. The summer was uneventful for Brynley. She and Damon followed a couple more leads on Stefan and Klaus, but didn't find anything. Meanwhile, her condition was getting worst. The spells weren't holding up like they used to. Everything hurt, especially her chest, she was always exhausted, her body was shutting down and she wasn't sure what to do.

Brynley currently sat in the backseat of Damon's car, he and Elena were in the front while the Salvatore drove them to Chicago. According to Katherine, Klaus and Stefan were there, but Brynley honestly wasn't sure how much she should trust Katherine.

"I sure hope we find him, 'cause it would suck if the last memento of Stefan was that crappy old necklace." Damon joked.

"Oh yes, that's the biggest problem here," Brynley rolled her eyes. "Definitely not the fact that I'm literally dying because Klaus stuck a dagger in Elijah."

"Speaking of which, you look terrible." Damon smirked.

"I hate you." Brynley shook her head and took out her compact mirror. The vampire was right, she did look bad. She looked like she was....dying.

Makes sense.

"The necklace is an antique, Damon. Like you." Elena smiled.

"Oh, burn!" Brynley giggled.

"Read this. Paints a pretty little picture of Stefan's first experience in Chicago." Damon handed Elena a journal.

"It's Stefan's diary. I'm not going to invade his private thoughts." Elena shook her head.

"I will." Brynley volunteered.

"You need to be prepared for what you're about to see." Damon said.

"I've seen Stefan in his darkest periods. I can handle it." Elena reminded.

"Brynley." Damon handed the journal to her and she began to read.

"March 12, 1922. I've blacked out days. I wake up in strangers' blood. In places I don't recognize. With women I don't remember." Brynley read from the book in a dramatic voice.

"Ahh! I'm shocked! Stefan's not a virgin?" Damon turned to Elena with a shocked look on his face.

"Eyes on the road, grandma." Elena scolded and Brynley laughed.

"Fine. Back to my game. Tell me if you see a Florida plate."

-

"Stefan could live anywhere in Chicago and he chose this?" Brynley criticized as she, Damon, and Elena walked into an apartment building in Chicago.

"There used to be an all-girls high school around the corner, but it shut down for attendance issues. Weird." Damon smirked.

"If you're trying to scare me into giving up and going back, it's not going to work." Elena crossed her arms.

"Here we are. Stefan's second personality home." Damon opened a door and Brynley looked around.

"He obviously hasn't been here." Elena pointed out.

"Tour is not over yet." Damon said and opened a secret room to reveal shelves of alcohol.

"Stefan hid his alcohol. What a monster." Brynley laughed.

"Look harder." Damon demanded and Bryn and Elena looked at the wall to see a list of names.

"These are all of his victims?" Elena questioned.