Chapter Two

It was the next day and it was the day of her video recording. To boost the morale in the studio and to show the community they have in the dance studio, anybody available at the time of the video shoot would sit in as an audience. She had an hour before everyone arrived so she decided to do some stretching and then run through the routine a few times. An hour later, everyone piled into the studio and Brittany danced harder than she ever had.
After Brittany's performance, everyone complimented her and her skills. Brittany wasn't a proud person but she was proud of her dancing. She's committed, diverse with her styles and talented. It's the one thing she's known for, whether it's positive or negative. She headed into the locker room and got ready to go to work. Some days she would have to go straight from dance to work or vice versa. She got changed and headed to work.
—————————————————————
"Caramel cappuccino for Sam." Brittany announced.
"Hello stranger." Sam walked up to the counter.
"Hey Sam, I guess you liked the coffee then."
"Definitely," he said with a smile on his face. "One of the best I've had."
"Well that's good. Glad you enjoyed. You know what would make me happy? A tip." Brittany said sarcastically but with some truth behind it.
"Of course, I completely forgot last time. How about I make up for it by us going for coffee? You can choose where."
"That would be lovely."
"I'm in town for another 3 days so message me whenever you can, you can meet my girlfriend then."
"Yeah that would be nice. How about tomorrow at 4pm? I finish teaching at 3:15 so I'll be able to meet you, we can meet here."
"Yeah okay, great. See you then." Sam walked off and went back to his table.
—————————————————————
Brittany walked into the dance studio the next day, everyone she passed greeting her. She went into the locker room to change and then headed to the studio where she will be teaching. The owner of the dance studio, Dianna, walked past the class but noticed Brittany in the mirror and walked in to talk to her.
"Brittany, thank you so much for doing that video yesterday!" Dianna said.
"No problem Di, you know I always love doing the videos."
"I know, which is why I love showcasing one of our best dancers." She said whilst nudging Brittany's arm with her arm. "Well because of you, the video has gained quite a large following and has gained us quite a few people interested in the studio."
"Really? I didn't think it would be that popular." Brittany was in shock, she never expected one of her pieces to gain such popularity.
"Yeah, it's become our most popular piece on the channel to date. I'm not surprised with such a talented dancer featured."
"Do you want something Di? Because you know you can just ask, no need to win me over with flattery."
Dianna was a few years older than Brittany but due to Dianna's mother, Jenna, running the studio before Dianna, Dianna would be in the studio everyday so her and Brittany formed a connection over that. They would always create silly dances together and have entered many a competition with each other. They were always 'dance friends' as Brittany called them as they never created a true bond or a friendship outside of dance.
"Okay you caught me. Heather is having to leave her role here because her husband Taylor got a new job in Atlanta so I was wondering if you would like to have her job?"
"Wow, Di, I don't know. I mean I would love to but it's a lot of pressure and I don't know whether I'd be able to commit to it. I have been looking for some dance opportunities outside of Ohio recently but I haven't had any luck. Tell you what, I'll take the job but if I get an opportunity working in LA, which you know I've always wanted, then I'll take that."
"Perfect. And of course! I could never stop you from getting your dream job. Brittany I've known you since you were about 3 feet tall. I would never stop that."
"Then we have a deal." Brittany stick her hand out to shake Dianna's hand but Dianna grabbed Brittany and pulled her into a hug.
"I won't be able to start for a week though because the coffee shop makes us give a week's notice."
"You wouldn't need to start for two weeks, that's when Heather leaves so you're fine for now."
"Awesome, I'm excited to start."
After that conversation, all Brittany could think about was her video. What if the Troubletones actually saw it themselves? She would freak out if that happened. She doubted that would happen anyway because she was never lucky like that. She carried on with her lesson and looked forward to having coffee with Sam.
—————————————————————
Brittany walked into the coffee shop and saw Sam sitting at a table by the window without a coffee so she decided to go to the counter and buy them both one each. She wondered where his girlfriend was but decided to ask him when she went over. After getting the coffees she walked up to the table and said
"Caramel cappuccino for Sam?"
"Oh hey Brittany, there was no need for you to get my coffee. In fact we set this up for me to buy you one."
"Well now you can just buy me one next time." Brittany chuckled.
"Deal." Sam held out his hand for Brittany to grab and she did, then shook it to confirm their deal.
"Where's your girlfriend?"
"She couldn't make it, she had a work meeting which I didn't realise."
"That's a shame, I was looking forward to meeting her." Brittany said, a bit upset but she knew it couldn't be helped.
"I'm sure she would've loved to meet you." Sam said truthfully.
"So you said you were in town visiting your girlfriend's parents?"
"Yeah, I grew up in New York but moved to Los Angeles after high school to help with my career."
"That's cool. Who's your girlfriend? I must know her if she grew up around here."
"She didn't actually, she grew up in LA too but her parents moved here recently because they wanted a change of scenery."
"That's lovely. How did you and your girlfriend meet?"
"Through work. I'm a secretary of sorts at the company she works for."
"How long have you been dating?"
"Just over a year, I started working at the company a year and a half ago and it didn't take long to win her over with my charm." Sam winked after finishing the sentence. "Enough about me, what about you? Do you have a significant other?"
"No, no one really. No one's ever expressed an interest in me. I've always been a bit alone, not that I mind it, but I've just never met anyone."
"Well you don't need someone. I'm sure when the right person comes along, it'll all be fine."
"I think so too, at least that's what my parents have started saying when they ask about any partners."
"Trust me, any guy would be lucky to have you."
"I hope so and girl."
"You're bisexual? Cool."
"Yeah, I'm not entirely open about it but if I get to know someone I'll tell them. I like to tell them early on so that I don't get attached in case they are biphobic."
"Well luckily I'm not, kind of the opposite really. I'm bisexual too."
"That's great." Brittany looked at her phone and realised what time it was.
"Oh God, I didn't realise it was so late. I have to babysit my little sister tonight so I need to run. It's been lovely talking to you Sam, next time you're in town let me know and we can meet up again."
"Definitely, it's been lovely meeting you too Brittany."
Brittany got up and gave Sam a hug before exiting the coffee shop.
—————————————————————
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Make sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter @brittanastanxx.