Chapter Six

A chorus of laughter came from the group's table.
'I'm being serious.' Mercedes said.
'Sam, I can't believe you did that.'
'Not my fault, he looked exactly like my dad from behind. If you thought it was your dad wouldn't you jump at him too?' The table burst out laughing again.
'Can I just say, it's been lovely meeting you guys. I was worried that I wouldn't click with you guys but I've had a lot of fun tonight.' Brittany exclaimed.
'I've loved meeting you too, it seems like we'll all get on well.' Mercedes said and agreements came from the other two girls.
'It's getting a bit late, I think I might head back home.' Santana said. 'I assume you're tired too Brittany, I'm always tired after a flight.'
'Yeah I am actually.'
'Okay, we'll head off then.'
'I hope you don't mind.' Brittany said to the other three people.
'Of course not. I'm like Santana, I'm always tired after a flight too.'
Quinn and Mercedes got out of their seats and gave Brittany and Santana a hug. The two girls then walked out of the restaurant to Santana's car.
—————————————————————
'So Brittany, tell me about yourself.'
'What do you want to know?'
'Just stuff about you. Your interests, your experience with dancing, just stuff in general.'
'Oka well I've always enjoyed performing; singing, dancing, I love it all. I first started dancing when I was 5 and I've always wanted to pursue it as a career.'
'Were you doing much before flying out here?'
'No, just teaching students at my friend's dance studio and doing to odd choreography job, like you guys saw in the video.'
'I have to say, that video was insane. You are so talented.' Santana confessed.
'Thank you so much, you don't know how much that means to me. I've always really admired your work too.'
'Oh I'm not that good, wait, no I am.' Both girls laughed.
After another 20 minutes, they arrived back home and both girls crawled into their apartment.
'Oh god, I have to sort the bedroom now.'
'It's fine, we can do it tomorrow if you want.'
'Can't do that, where would you sleep?'
'I'll sleep on the couch.'
'That is not happening. Tell you what, you can sleep in my bed. There's enough room for the both of us. Are you okay with that?'
'Yeah it's fine.'
'Great, we have an early start tomorrow so we do need to get a good nights sleep.'
Both girls walked into Santana's bedroom, Brittany leaving briefly to change into some pyjamas. By the time Brittany came back in, Santana was lying in bed on her phone. Brittany climbed in hesitantly, she just met this girl and now she's sleeping in the same bed as her?
'Don't be shy, come on.' Santana exclaimed. Even though Brittany only met this girl less than 12 hours ago, she could tell that they were going to be good friends.
—————————————————————
The girls were in the studio the next day, Brittany had just finished going over what needed to be done with Kevin and he had asked Harry to take her to the choreography studio.
'So how come you got into dance then Brittany?' He asked, curious to know more about the blonde's life.
'My mother could always tell that this was what I wanted to do so she put me in classes at 5 years old and I haven't looked back since.' Brittany said truthfully, she was really happy that she could follow her passion.
'We're very similar like that, I can already see.' Harry replied.
'Really?' Brittany questioned.
'Yeah, I started when I was 4, I've always loved it. I just didn't follow through with it professionally.'
'Why's that then? If it's your passion I mean.'
'I went to school for business management, my parents wanted me to do more than just dance. When I was there I actually really enjoyed it and when I finished school I found this job. I was always told it's better to work up through a business rather than go straight into a managerial position.'
'So what you're telling me is you're planning on overthrowing Kevin as manager and taking the role yourself?' Brittany joked.
'Ha ha, course not, I just figured that being an assistant to the manager would earn me some brownie points on a CV or if another, better job comes up in this company.'
'That's actually a really smart plan.' Brittany replied, turning her head to see the girlband warming up in the studio.
'This is where I leave you. Oh before I forget, there will be a photographer coming in to this session to take some photos of you and the girls, we like to give this content to the fans so that it keeps the interest up. We'll also use these photos then when we reveal you as the new choreographer next week.'
'Why didn't you tell me? I would've worn my designer dance gear.' The comment was followed by a laugh from Harry.
'Think you're funny, don't you?' Harry said with a smirk.
'I'm hilarious.' Brittany replied as she walked into the studio.
'Hi guys.' Brittany greeted the girls which was met with enthusiastic replies.
'Let's get started then.'
—————————————————————
After a couple hours of training, the four girls were worn out. It was only 2pm at this point but Brittany's job was finished for the day.
As the four walked out, Brittany asked the girls what they were doing for the rest of the day.
'We get an hour break now and then a couple hours perfecting the singing, going over the lineup and just finalising anything that we need.' Quinn answered.
'Nice, I was just wondering if any of you wanted to go to the mall later.'
'Me and Quinn would love to but we've arranged to go on a little double date thing with Sam and Puck.
'Are things getting more serious between the two of you Quinn?' Santana asked.
'I don't know. He's a lovely guy but for the two of us to have a relationship, it would be really awkward with me constantly on tour or recording and him being overseas at least six months a year.'
'But if you like him would you prefer to completely miss out on what could be a beautiful relationship or have the beautiful relationship six months a year?'
'I couldn't tell you San. I'm gonna consider this before your and see. If I haven't decided before tour then it's not meant to be.'
'If that's what you think, I just don't think you should put a timer on it personally.' Santana replied.
'Well it's my relationship so let me deal with it how I want to.' With that, Quinn walked off leaving the other three girls behind.
'I wonder what got into her.'
'You didn't help the situation San, she just can't deal with all of this right now, she'll be fine later. I'm gonna try and follow her, bye guys.' Mercedes said as she walked away to find Quinn.
'I would love to come to the mall Brittany, I have to show you the cutest fro-yo shop that's there.'
'I'm lactose intolerant.'
'Oh. Maybe not then.'
'Nah I'm joking, I'd love to. I wanted to see your reaction.' Brittany laughed.
'Wanna meet at the Forever 21 at 4?'
'Sounds great to me.' The blonde replied.
—————————————————————
After an hour or so of shopping, the girls have drained their bank accounts and they managed to find a table at the fro-yo shop.
'Wow this place is busy.'
'Cause it's the best. I always get the chocolate-vanilla swirl.' Santana said as they got to the counter.
'That sounds great. Two of those please.' Brittany asked the cashier.
'What? You don't have to pay.'
'It's fine, I'm currently living in your house, it's the least I can do.'
'Fine.' Santana replied reluctantly.
After receiving their desserts, the girls went and sat down.
'Weird outburst from Quinn earlier, right? I haven't known her that long but she doesn't seem like someone to be like that.'
'It's not often but it does happen. It's just because of how stressed she is. Life of a popstar am i right?'
'I'm sorry that you have to go through this.'
'Don't be sorry. I mean, I love my job like so much but there are so many pressures so when there's another stress like a relationship it can all just topple over.' Santana took a pause and sighed. 'At least she's got Puck, who have I got? I haven't got anyone special that I can rant to and just talk about my emotions and-'
'You have me.' Brittany interrupted.
'Huh?' Santana asked, all confused.
'We might have only known each other a few days but as long as I'm here, you'll always have someone to talk to about anything. About your day, a new song you're working on, family issues, even a cute dog you found on Instagram.'
'Well who wouldn't want to see cute dogs on Instagram?'
'Exactly.'
—————————————————————
I'm not making a posting schedule as I'm too unreliable for that but I will try my best to get the next one out less than five months later. Don't forget to vote and follow!