Chapter Four

Brittany opened the door and walked into her home. She heard her parents in the living room so she decided to go talk to them about the job offer.
"Hey Mom, Dad. I have something I need to talk to you about." Brittany looked down at her lap as she was nervous to tell them.
"Go ahead." Brittany's mom said.
"Do you remember the dance video I posted the other day?"
"Yeah, dancing to the Troubletones' new song." Brittany's parents had always been very supportive of Brittany's dancing and were her biggest fans.
"Well, I got a phone call earlier from my friend Sam who works in LA and he has offered me a choreographer position at the talent company he works for. They found my video and loved it."
"Brittany that's amazing!" Whitney said. "When do you start?"
"I haven't accepted the offer yet. It's in LA so I wanted to talk to you guys and Bethany first."
"Well you need to accept it. You can't let this opportunity go."
"I know, I'm just a bit scared."
"I understand that sweetie, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Since you were a little girl you have wanted to do this. I remember the first time I picked you up from a dance class. You didn't want to go but I made you and then after the class, you ran up to me and told me that you were going to be a professional dancer when you were older. And ever since it has been your dream."
Brittany smiled, remembering her first dance class. She loved it. After hearing the story, she knew what she had to do.
"Okay, I'll accept it." Her parents were ecstatic and gave her a big hug. "I now need to go talk to Bethany about all this. I don't want her to be upset."
"Trust me sweetie, she'll be happy for you. She's definitely going to miss you though."
"I'm going to miss her too, I'm going to go talk to her."
"Okay love." Brittany's dad, Pierce said.
—————————————————————
Brittany knocked on the door and entered Bethany's room.
"Hey Britt! Look what I've done." Bethany ran up to Brittany and dragged her over to her desk.
"I did a puzzle of the Troubletones."
"Oh wow, that's awesome! I didn't know you liked the Troubletones."
"Yeah I love them. After I- I saw your dance video, I started listening to their music."
"That's cool, listen I want to talk to you about something."
"Okay Britt." Bethany ran over to her bed and Brittany followed.
"Listen, I have been offered a job as a choreographer for a talent company."
"That's cool." Bethany could see a saddened look on Brittany's face. "What's wrong Britt?"
"Well, you see, the job is in LA."
"That's far to travel everyday, you'll barely get any sleep."
"No Beth, I would have to move to LA."
"Oh, when would you move?"
"I'm not sure but it will be soon."
"Does that mean you're leaving me? I don't want you to go."
"I don't want to leave you Beth but you know I love dancing. I promise you I will phone you as often as I can and we will spend these last few days doing whatever you want."
"Really? Yey! I want to go on holiday."
"Well we can't go on holiday but how about we go to Cedar Point tomorrow? We can go on all the rides and have a fun day."
"Okay that will be fun! It's a shame you have to go Britt."
"I know it is but it's my dream and I'm excited, you should be excited for me too." Brittany said, leaning in and tickling Bethany.
"I am, I promise." Bethany said between laughs.
"Good." Brittany picked Bethany up and ran out the room, Bethany trying to resist the sudden pickup.
—————————————————————
It was the next day and Brittany still hadn't phoned Sam back. There was something in her that didn't want to make the call as that meant what she had feared. It meant going out into the world on her own, not knowing what was coming her way. All her life she was very reserved and quiet, she had never prepared for something like this. She didn't know what to do. She was thankful that Sam would be there to support her and that she knew someone.
This was completely out of her comfort zone, the furthest Brittany ever went alone was to a camping site half hour away from her town on a school trip. She never expected to have to go and move to a state on the other side of the country. Still, she couldn't turn this job offer down and had to accept it.
Her trip with Bethany was postponed to tomorrow as Bethany had a play date so Brittany was currently in dance class. She was teaching the same group of little kids that she sees almost daily. She was upset about how this could possibly be her last class with them, she was definitely going to miss this group of bright, independent children.
The class ended and it was nearly 5 o'clock so Brittany had to finally call Sam and tell him about her decision. She picked up her phone and went into her contacts. When she found Sam's name, she clicked on his contact and her phone started ringing.
"Hey Sam?"
"Brittany, so nice to hear from you. I was getting worried. So, what have you decided?"
"I have decided to accept your job offer."
"Oh my god that's brilliant." Sam couldn't be happier. "I'm so happy that you chose to accept it!"
"So, when will I start?"
"You'll need to fly out in two days, I'll give you my manager's number and he will be able to sort things out for you. We will sort out your travel and accommodation so you don't need to worry about that."
"Okay great. I'm excited to start, I'll see you in two days."
"See you then Britt." Brittany hung up and did a little victory dance. She couldn't wait for this new chapter of her life.
—————————————————————
"Sam. Any update?" Kevin asked as he ran into Sam in the hallway.
"Nothing yet sadly. I've given her until 5pm so she's got half an hour."
"Let's hope she phones."
"Let's."
"What was that about?" Santana asked as Sam entered the break room.
"Kevin was just asking if I had heard back from Brittany."
"She better say yes." Quinn chimed in.
"I hope she does." Mercedes replied.
"She will, I know her. She will."
"Oh please, you had coffee with her once." Santana snarkily said.
"Yes but I could tell from the way she reacted when I phoned her and from what she told me about her life." Sam wasn't extremely confident in what he was saying but he didn't want to worry the girls. They have enough on their minds right now.
"She's only got another half an hour to reply, maybe we should start looking for other people." Santana suggested.
"I agree with San." Mercedes said.
"Me too." Quinn agreed.
"You all loved her performance, are you really telling me that you aren't hoping she says yes?"
"True. Okay fine. We'll give her until 5 like you said but any later than that and we find someone else."
"Okay that's fine." Sam compromised.
The group of four kept looking at the clock and got more worried as it counted down to 5pm. Then at 4:54pm, they heard a phone ring. Their eyes darted to this phone, hoping it was Brittany. Sam answered the phone and was relieved when he heard who it was.
"Brittany, so nice to hear from you." The girls sighed in relief. "I was getting worried. So, what have you decided?"
The silence in the room was deafening. The girls were waiting, worried about what would happen.
"Oh my god that's brilliant. I'm so happy that you chose to accept it!" After hearing those words, all three girls jumped out their seats and hugged each other. They were all extremely excited to start working with such a talented dancer like Brittany.
—————————————————————
I'm so sorry for such a delay guys! To make up for it there'll (hopefully) be a few updates this week :) don't forget to follow my Instagram and Twitter @/brittanastanxx. Thanks for reading!