Chapter Three

Santana walked into the studio and was met with Mercedes and Sam all loved up in the corner.
"Get a room." She shouted before walking into the break room. As she entered the break room she saw Quinn looking at her phone smiling.
"What's got you so happy?"
"Puck just told me I have beautiful eyes."
"Ugh, when are you going to make things official with him? You've been talking for about three months."
"He wants to ask me in person, with him being in the Air Force it's difficult for us to meet up."
"That would be lovely if I didn't have to put up with you fawning over him and complaining to me about how much you miss him." Santana said, sick of all this love everywhere.
"You're just jealous you haven't found someone to love."
"I'm not jealous, I'm 20. I want to live life and not be shacked up with someone."
"You can live life whilst being in a relationship, that's what makes it fun. Having someone to share all these memories with, being able to experience them with your love by your side."
"Boring." Quinn rolled her eyes and Santana's comment, she knew Santana was just covering up her internal pain but she wasn't going to bother her about it.
"What did Kevin want with this emergency meeting anyway? I had planned a day of sitting on the couch in my sweats watching reruns of Friends."
"I don't know, it probably has something to do with the tour. You know what the last two months before tour is like, can't catch a break."
"I know, we finally got a break and it's been taken away."
"This meeting won't be long, 30 minutes at the most. Then you can go back to your lovely day on the couch."
"Good." Santana sighed, sometimes she was sick of all of this work but she knew it would be worth it as she loves what she does and can't imagine anything different.
"Girls, meet me in Meeting Room 1 in 5 minutes." Kevin said as he briefly entered the room to tell the girls.
"Sam. Mercedes. Hands off each other and meet me in Meeting Room 1 in 5 minutes." He said as he walked towards the meeting room.
The two girls in the break room laughed at Kevin's comment, Kevin could be harsh but he was the best manager any of the girls could ask for. As they had been popular since they were teenagers, he was like a dad to them. He's been their shoulder to cry on, the one congratulating them on all their success and the one who's looked after them for so long.
The girls, Sam and a few other employees gathered in Meeting Room 1 and they didn't expect to hear the news they were about to receive.
"Okay, so, Jonathan has had to leave his role as your choreographer. He has broken his leg and needs to rest it and wear a cast for 8 weeks."
A chorus of "what the hell" and "oh god" came from the others and Kevin had to calm them down.
"What are we going to do now?" Quinn asked, extremely concerned.
"We'll need to find another choreographer. You already have 3/4 of the set list choreographed so the next choreographer will need to keep you up to date on those dances and choreograph another 5 numbers."
"Well have you found anyone?" Santana questioned.
"No confirmation but I was looking on YouTube for anyone who is familiar with your style and I found this girl from Ohio. She posted a video of her dancing to your music a few days ago and she's very good. Let me show you." Kevin put the video on the whiteboard that he was standing in front of for everyone to see this dancer.
They were all blown away by her dancing, Santana the most. They all knew that she was the person they needed.
Sam was in shock. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. When the video first began playing, Sam said
"Oh my god, no way." And then continued watching the video with everyone else.
The video ended and the room was silent. By the looks on everyone faces, Kevin knew that this girl was a definite to fill the role.
"I can only assume that you all loved her dancing which I thought you would. The fact that she released this video 2 days after you released the song shows she can work fast which is what we need."
This time Mercedes decided to speak up.
"Hell yeah, she was amazing. I'd love to work with her."
"Okay great. I shall do a little research and try and find this girl and see if I can get in contact with her.
"No need to do that Kev." Sam announced.
"What do you mean?" Kevin asked, a confused look in his face.
"Well when me and Mercedes went to Ohio last week, I started talking to this girl and met up with her for coffee. I've got her number in my phone. Her name is Brittany."
"You know her? Why didn't you tell me?" Mercedes chimed in.
"She's the girl we arranged to meet but you had to FaceTime Kevin."
"Oh wow, no way."
"Okay well great, Sam could you phone her and talk to her about this position?"
"I'm more than willing to. I know she'll be thrilled to hear about this."
"Let's hope she says yes." Quinn said, praying that Brittany agreed to work with them.
"I'll go phone her after we finish this meeting."
"Well that was all I needed to tell you really so meeting adjourned." Everyone got out of their seats. Santana headed to her car, Quinn headed to the break room, Mercedes headed to the recording studio and Sam headed to go and talk to Brittany.
—————————————————————
Brittany was in her under 7 dance class, attempting to help these kids. She really enjoyed teaching the little kids as it helped her see what the next generation looks like and she liked seeing these kids blossom into independent, talented people.
"Come on then guys, break time. If you need to go to the bathroom let me know first and if you want a drink, ask someone to go with you." All the kids spread out and ran to different places in the studio.
Brittany heard her phone ringing so she walked over and answered it.
"Hello?"
"Hi Britt, it's Sam."
"Oh hey Sam. How are you? How's work?"
"I'm good thanks and that's why I'm phoning you actually. So I work for a talent company and they are in need of a choreographer."
"That's cool. Why are you phoning me?"
"Well the manager found your recent dance video and fell in love with it. He showed it to the talent and they loved it too so they're offering you the job."
"Oh my god." Brittany couldn't believe what she was hearing, she was about to start crying. "What are the terms?"
"Well the talent is in LA, so you would need to move to LA. It would be within the next few days too. The job would be a definite for four months but if they like you you would stay on longer."
"Okay that's not bad. What would I be doing?"
"The band are going on tour in two months for two months so you would choreograph a few of their numbers as most are already done but then also travel around with them for practices during tour."
"Wow, that sounds awesome. I'd love to do it but I'm not sure I could move to LA."
"Tell you what, if I give you until 5pm tomorrow to decide, would that be fine?"
"Yeah that would be great. Thank you so much Sam."
"No problem Britt, speak to you tomorrow."
"Speak to you then." She hung up and stood there in shock. Brittany didn't know what to do. She did know that she had to talk to Dianna about this. She had just taken this job from Dianna and she didn't want to let her down.
—————————————————————
Brittany's class finished so as soon as the last child left the studio, she ran to Dianna's office and burst open the door.
"Brittany, are you okay?"
"Sorry about bursting in, I got a phone call during class and I need to talk to you about it."
"Okay, sit down. What's happening?"
"So I met this guy at work and he works in LA at a talent company and he was looking for a choreographer and his manager wanted him to reach out to me."
"Oh my god Britt, congratulations."
"Well I don't know, I mean I just took this job here."
"You can't let that hold you back. You said yourself that if you get offered something you're leaving."
"Yeah, but I said that as a joke. I didn't think that would actually happen."
"Britt, listen to me. You deserve this job, okay? You are extremely talented and you need to take this opportunity. You have been offered a job to work as a choreographer in LA, isn't that what your aim was?"
"I've always wanted to work as a professional choreographer or a dancer but it's in LA."
"Brittany love, you aren't going to get any big position here in Lima. You need to branch out and take these risks. I get that you are probably scared to leave and explore a new place but that's what life is about. Please, do not let this stop you from pursuing your dream."
"They've given me until tomorrow night to decide so I'll go talk to my parents about it. I don't want to leave Bethany,  I don't know how she'll feel."
"I'm sure that she'll tell you the same as all of us, follow your dreams."
"Okay, thank you Di."
"No problem Britt."
Brittany stood up and hugged Dianna before leaving her office.
—————————————————————
We finally met the girl group! I hope you all liked this chapter and if you want updates and be notified for when I upload, go follow my Instagram @brittanastanxx.