3

I ran for hours taking quick breaks but never stopping completely. I finally reached New York after a couple of days, taking a few wrong turns. Fatigue wore down at me until I found a relatively clean alleyway.

I crashed down as the wind blowed in a large gust. I pulled out my small sleeping bag and curled up in between a couple of old boxes. I looked at a picture of the seven Hazel drew for me when we were still relatively close (we never got to close do to Frank's jealousy).

I suddenly realized this was all I really had to remind me of them, not that I want to remember the last week or so. But I wanted to keep it to remember the good old days. Of fighting monsters and death prophecys *note the sarcasm*. Those thoughts ran through my mind as I drifted into an uneasy sleep.

The dreams were horrible luckily I dont think I screamed but I obviously clenched my fists so hard that I drew blood. I looked down at the moon like crescents that broke my skin dripping red. I packed up my little amount of stuff and hid it deep into the alley, I then got up to get breakfast. Luckily my tool belt gives money in small amounts so I wont die of hunger, dehydration or the cold. Even though I've lived on the streets long enough to solve all of those life threatening problems.

It was about nine in the morning (I could tell from the sun) and it was surprisingly busy in New York, which honestly shouldn't surprise me. I watched people cautiously as I walked into a Starbucks, I saw it last night before I crashed in the alley, quite literally.

I ordered an iced mocha, with a chocolate muffin under the name of Aladdin (I like the movie, it reminds me of me :)) I walked over to the farthest table in the corner. There was barely anyone there, just a women with bright red hair and a well built man with blond hair and blue eyes that looked just like Jase. A couple others were there but nothing was unique about them. I sat there for a minute looking around for threats and realized that the the red head and remake Jason kept sneaking glances at me.

My fake name was called and I got up, tipped them heavily and wished then a good day with a wink to the barista. I walked out and realized the two people were following me. I didn't think they were monsters at first but why else would they follow me?

I started jogging to an empty warehouse, not wanting to cause any mortal disturbances. The two stalkers obviously didnt want to jog and blow there covers, so they settled for fast walking. I looked back and saw red talk to her wrist, kind of like in the movies, I  realised that I glanced back for to long and we made eye contact. They new I was on to them.

I sprinted to the warehouse, running like never before. I was fast but they seemed trained to run faster than the one running from them. Blondie was almost able to catch me, but I was the only one who knew where we were going. So I zigzagged from place to place knowing I'll have to fight them but trying to gain time. I saw a small opening which only the smallest of people could fit in. Lucky for me I have been compared to a stick more times then I can count.

I slid in between a dumpster pushed up against a wall and a wall with a tiny ladder that looks as if it hadn't been used in years. I skimmed up the later to find...

"Be safe yall! I hope you all have wonderful day and thank you for reading."

"I already did the disclaimer."

~Skyler