7

Me and the Avengers raced into the interrogation room, we all saw it. I could tell we all felt horrible even Fury- especially Fury. How could we...

I raced up to the boy and checked for a pulse, he was alive. I immediately started taking off the the straps and wires connecting him to the machine. I picked him up- he weighed as little as a sandbag. The other Avengers were watching me expectantly (and glaring at Fury).

"He should be fine, I want to take him to my laboratory though."

"Good, if you want to take him to your lab he will have to be cuffed the entire time, I'm sorry for what its worth..." he said the last part softly and looked at the young boy gloomily. I scooped up Leo and started my trex to the lab.
"Need a hand?" Questioned Steve.
"He is severely underweight he probably only weighs 95 pounds, so I should be good." They all let out quiet gasps. I started jogging/walking to my lab.

I set him up to a heart monitor and started fixing him up. My mind started to wander, why did we all reacted so strongly for this kid. I guess the kid reminded us all of ourselves. Natasha showed all of us the video she took of leo at the Cafe and the fight. He was polite like Steve and can control a situation, quiet and secretive as Bucky. Powerful and full of potential, like Natasha and Clint. Almost as cocky and flirtatious as Tony. And kind as Wanda. Also he looked like he was having a battle with himself, and that I could understand.

I checked his vitals and handcuffs before I left for the night.

............

I walked into Tony's living room, the Avengers all sat around talking and drinking. The mood was so subdue I didnt even want to make my presents known. But Natasha saw me and waved me over. The Avengers stared up at me from the couches and chairs that sat around the room all of them slightly leaned into the middle. Natasha threw herself back into her chair with a sigh.
"What is up with us? Why are we all so worried about the kid, we have done this a hundred times?!" She remarked, exasperation dripping with every word.

"He reminds us of eachother, and all of our childhoods were shit some worse then others, so I'm guessing it's hard for us to be apart of making another kids childhood like ours! And from his file he has already had a horrible childhood!" Tony's voice rose as he spoke ending in a yell. I sat down heavily on the couch.

"So what are we going to do about it?" Questioned Wanda.

"He's obviously powerful, and we cant let him go back to what ever he was up to before. So why dont we try and recruit him?" Everyone stared at Steve for a minute, we cant just recruit a kid, even if that's probaly the best solution. I guess it might actually be for the best...
"I agree." He smiled at me, as the others fumbled around the question in their minds.
"But, Fury would never agree."

"He actually might, because I don't think he could hurt the kid again for answers, but he cant let him go. So this might be his best option." Remarked Natasha, now obviously on board with the idea. Slowly we got every on board and agreed in the morning we better talk to Fury.

(These chapters are super short so sorry! Are try and update at leastly once a week.)
I just own the plot.

~Skyler