21

I'm really excited for this chapter there is a ton of angsty stuff. Have fun!

*panic attack/ PTSD flashback warning I'll put ❌ this
symbol when it starts and stops*

Bold= Steve
Normal= Leo
Italics= Leo's thoughts
Underlined= flashback

I sat down next to Peter and Pepper as everyone tried our tacos. As soon as the flavor reached their mouths, they were moaning and shoving more in there mouths with inhuman speed.

I laughed as they consumed the food, they were like three year old children. I dished up a couple of tacos and listened into their peculiar small talk.

"-why cant you put eggs in the toaster if they are already cooked, it makes no sense!?"

"-Natasha it dosent matter how stupid Clint is you cant hang him over a tank of Praunas again."

"-NO, Loki you cant feed puppies to random snakes, puppy's are too cute."

The others tryed making small talk with me and I joined in every once in awhile but its alot funnier to listen and tell jokes. I shoved more food in my mouth and blushed when Peter complimented me on the flavorful tacos.

I spaced out for a minute and I was happy. I might just except Peter's offer, but- WHAT am I thinking their just going to hurt me like so many others have before.

I zoned back into the others conversations.

"Okay, so Fury wants us to clean up another Hydra base in a couple of weeks, who wants to come?"

HYDRA BASE?! What is he talking about? Do they know about the monsters?

"I want to come!" Exclaimed Peter.

"Arachne, no way, what if you get hurt!" Exclaimed Tony.

                              ❌

Arachne, is she here? Did she come back? No, of course not shes not here. He said so shes back to kill you. You would know if she was back. How? He was talking about Peter. Come on prepare to fight they are working with her you idiot! Shut up! Come on he is weak.

"Shut up." I mumbled and put my hands over my ears I could tell the others were looking at me but I didnt care.
I looked over at Leo who mumbled something. His head was bent and his hands clutched the sides of his head. If he wasnt a kid I would say he was having a PTSD attack. But he's just a kid.

Get up shes going to bring you back to tartarus you need to fight. Come on Leo your safe their friends.

"Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!" I pushed on both sides of my head and scrambled out of my seat with my eyes closed.

Leo started screaming "shut up" and stumbled out of his chair his eyes squinted painfully shut. We all watched in confusion, what set off a PTSD attack? Oh god. This is bad. We mentioned Hydra was that the cause?

Suddenly my flashback started:

My insides burned like fire. For some reason it made my clouded head clear and the pain from my time in Taurus fade a bit. I could feel my fire powers burn with newfound energy. I opened my eyes to see...

The Sphinx she was kneeling over me I gasp and she poured burning liquid into my throat. It tasted dreadful but it helped the blisters from the poison air and the scrapes and bruises along my body heal.

Leo clutched his ears but stopped freaking, none of us really knew what to do so we just watched as horrible as it sounds.

"Why are you helping me? I managed to rasp out through the awful taste filtering through my mouth.

"Why wouldn't I? Your hurt."

"T-thank you."

"But what kind of monster are you?"

She dosent know that I'm a demigod? Will she eat me if I tell her the truth?

"I'm a spirit."

"I've never met one... my family left me, to go to the heart, I'm planning on going maybe we can go together?"

She can help me get out of here!

"My names Leo, and I would love to goin you us monsters have to stick together."

"The names Ali."

She smiled down at me joy lit up her eyes well guilt flooded mine.

CRASH! Arachne showed up out of nowhere, many other monsters at her tail (not actually a tail, just a figure of speech ; ).

"Kill the MURDERER!" They all ran towards me and I jumped up from laying on the jagged rocks, Ali at my side but most likely not for long.

"And a TRAITOROUS SPHINX?"

"I'm no traitor!"

"LIAR! Your accompanying a filthy DEMIGOD." She was seriously giving me a headache with the yelling, like come on I know your angry but cant we just fight already? Ali looked at me with betrayal but stuck by me for the time being.

I could tell Arachne was about to send the young Sphinx into the molten lava by her stands. I raced forward and took the blow instead of Ali sending me into the pure heat.

Leo once again started screaming like he was burning alive Sam rushed up and started to comfort the young boy.

"Steve hold him back so he dosent hurt himself."

I raced forward and did as instructed by the other soldier.

                   TO BE COUNTINUED.