𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎.

"Okay, I get it." I snap, slamming the magazine on on the counter. "You're dating," Again. "Could you at least take the PDA elsewhere, please?"

I damn near roll my eyes but instead, take a deep breath to calm my nerves before I say something I can't take back.

Another day, another boyfriend. Lord have mercy.

My sister stands on the other side of the counter, hand in hand with her new beau, a model, she'd claimed.

Just her type.

I size him up, and even I have to admit that he didn't look so bad.

I scratch my brain trying to remember his name, it is literally at the tip of my tongue, but it's not clicking. I can simply say it's something with an R. Damnit.

Maddie had waltzed in here like she was on a red carpet, smile so big and bright as she hung on his arm like a designer purse.

He's a model, Kira. Maddie had said over the phone, A fucking model. If I didn't know better, I would've said she's in love. But I know her better.

And like any sister, by obligation, I was happy for her.

She and Prince Charming made an undeniably cute couple. I can't help the smile that creeps over my face as Maddie speaks.

My gaze runs over the guy again and my stomach flips when I catch him staring at me. I gulp. What the hell?

When I look up again, he's smiling down at my sister and something breaks in my chest.

"I'm sorry," I hear myself say to him, "I didn't catch your name."

In an instant he's looking at me, an unmistakable frown on his dark eyebrows. His head is tilted, and I know that if I look at my sister right now I might just end up six feet under.

She'd said his name a million times when she called earlier , but I could only remember so much.

So I keep head up, and gaze narrowed at her beau.

"Reilly," he says, now it's my turn to frown but soon after he adds, "Reilly Michaelson."

At least I had an idea. Something with an R -Reilly.

With a satisfied smile, I nod and shift my eyes to my sister.

Maddie speaks up again, pulling out of her bag, a black and gold invitation card. I immediately know what it's for when I see my name written on the side.

I hope my face doesn't show what I'm feeling, when she stretches her hand out for me to take.

Reilly glances at his wristwatch and sighs, "Okay, love," he says to Maddie, holding on to her hands, "I have to go now."

She pouts, giving him her infamous puppy eyes. "Already?"

He nods, "There's no rest for the wicked," he says deviously with a kiss.

I gulp, envious of this, even though it looked too good to be true. A part of me wanted that.

"I'm gonna miss you," Maddie says, a pout still on lips.