𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.

The following weeks come and go without a hiccup.

Maddie and I are closer than we were when we first came to the city. I actually remember it like it was yesterday and not two years ago.

Since then she'd only gone back home once and I, more times than the average adult.

She'd then grown fonder of the lavish city life while I preferred that she get a steady income job like dad wanted for her. Truth be told, she was a burden on be, immature, youngq and a high school dropout.

Something our father deemed unacceptable.

And thinking back to all of that, I become homesick all over again. I feel like a stray and a traitor.

Sometimes as Maddie and I grow closer, with each passing day, I forget what had us broken apart in the first place.

I rarely see Reilly around the apartment even whenever he comes over, I make sure to hide anywhere I can. If I could just move my bed and wardrobe into the bathroom, I wouldn't have to do much anymore.

I sigh, much to my dismay Maddie's friends, Winter and Brenda are here almost everyday. Almost as if they live here now.

"Ooh, how's the bun in the oven Kira?" Winter asks as I trudge into the kitchen.

I side eye her before opening the fridge for my diet coke. Her short hair is wet, a Bridal magazine in hand, cup of steaming coffee in front of her and grinning at me like she just won the lottery.

"Ah!" Maddie screeches, taking the coke from me before I can take a sip. "That's not good for the baby." She says.

"Says who?!" I narrow my eyes at her, disbelief weighing on me.

"It's true. I read it somewhere," Winter interjects, shrugging. "Besides, that diet coke won't do your belly any justice. Jesus Christ Kira, you look like you're about to burst."

Oh that little bitch did not just. . .

I fist my hands as my palms start to itch. Shaking my head, I purse my lips and try to calm my nerves.

In just four weeks, my bump had grown overnight. Unfortunately with the bump, come the back pain and dizziness. Regardless of all that, I'm just happy that I have a smooth baby bump.

"You better keep her in line." I point an accusing finger at my sister. She nods andouths an apology before taking a swig at my coke.

My mouth waters and gulp making sure my eyes don't longer on it. Why am I even listening to Winter?

Or Maddie.

I should just take my drink from her and tell them to kiss my ass.

I take a deep breath and turn to leave for work. I have a doctor's appointment later on.

But I almost bump heads with a shell shocked Brenda who's loosely carrying a tablet in her hand.

She's a head shorter than me and I notice how her eyes are rather large when she looks at me blankly, her mouth wide open.

"You're engaged to Randall Michaelson." She blurts.

My heart slams against chest just as the sound of the stool scraping on the floor echoes in ears.

"What?" Winter says. "Where'd you hear that?"

I look at Brenda, panicking and she hands me the tablet. In a matter of seconds Maddie and Winter are on my sides.

And the words hit me like a thunderstorm.

Exclusive; Heir to multi-billion oil empire marrying a pregnant laundromat worker.