𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

In the morning I wake up to a series of barks. My mother's stern voice is muted by the damn dog and I find it hard to even process a single word she says.

My body aches and I grumble and turn my head in protest. I couldn't get an eye shut last night. I kept rolling all around the bed in distress, tangling myself in the sheets.

That amongst other things. There's a bitter taste in my mouth and the full bladder makes my whole sleeping situation harder.

Ah, fuck me.

Considering the amount of time I spent in the bathroom last night, with my ass planted on the toilet seat, you'd think I got it all out.

I try to suppress every other submerging thought as I think of the resignation letter I sent Fitzgerald in the middle of the night.

I wish I could unsent and rewrite.

"Kira!" Mom shouts. "There's someone here for you," she says.

What will it take for her to realise I'm still sleeping?

In my mind, I see her in the kitchen with a hand on her waist as annoyance fills her.

My body protests when I turnover again. I only need a few more minutes.

Without opening my eyes, I can feel the burning.

Suddenly I hear heavy feet make their way up the stairs, I freeze and control my breathing. She cannot know.

She'll make me go to work if she sees me awake.

Thankfully, it gets quiet and my heart steadies.

It's almost serene and for a moment I fall back into the comfort of my bed.

"There's a raging man looking at me."

What?

My eyes snap open and I'm greeted by an unfriendly face. "What?"

Within seconds I'm out of bed and standing beside Randall. He smells like amber wood and musk, it makes me take a step back and immediately I feel short next to him.

I look at him twice, just to make sure he's here; charcoal suit, coiffed hair and everything.

"Where?" I ask, frowning.

"Black hair, tanned skin." Randall says sternly. Then he adds, "Joggers."

He points across the street and squint my eyes, mistakenly putting my hand on his just to see. My heart skips a beat and I clear my throat as he walks away.

Logan.

I purse my lips seeing Logan across the road, staring up at my window with nothing but grey joggers on. He looks sweaty and lost, it brings back memories. I almost wave but hold myself back.

"So this is where you ran off to." Randall say amused while pacing about the room. "Home."

I instantly feel self conscious as he looks at the posters hung on the walls over five years ago. But at least I'm not naked, right?

Taking a deep breath, I cross my arms and focus on one feeling; anger.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

This is definitely not the time or place. I hope he doesn't say anything about yesterday. I'm not ready for that.

Not yet.