Part - 10

Hey my lovely readers...

I'm here on this story after 1 full year... I myself don't know how & why it took me so long to update this story when this is my favorite story amongst all my stories...

Anyways, better late than never. So here's the next part of this story. Hope you all haven't forgotten the plot. If yes, then pls reread it. Though I know, nobody has forgotten it as I kept on getting messages from my ardent readers that they have been reading this story repeatedly & are waiting impatiently for it to get updated.

So here's the next part.. Enjoy.

************************************

Khushi was dropping everything one after the other from her hands while working in the canteen kitchen. She was mixing things & ingredients in the wrong proportion, unknowingly. She was spreading everything on the kitchen top & on her clothes, turning everything messy. Looking at her frantic movements & unmindfulness in her work, anybody could deduce that she is under some kind of stress or anxiety which was so unlike a very skillful, attentive & dexterous Khushi & so was understood by Manjuji. She slowly went behind Khushi & kept her hand on her shoulder gently, calling out her name. 

A startled Khushi dropped a big steel bowl from her hand, which noise echoed in the small space of the canteen kitchen & which reached to the other helpers' ears working outside, who looked at each other curiously, as this was the first time their kitchen was rocking like a discotheque with various types of sounds in varied frequency since 2 hours. 

"Khushi.. Are you okay beta??" Manjuji asked with motherly concern. 

Khushi slowly & cautiously turned towards Manjuji. 

"Ji" She gave a monosyllabic reply coupled with an effortful smile to hide her haywire thoughts from showing up on her face. 

"Khushi.. Are you feeling feverish beta??" Manjuji asked, touching Khushi's forehead with the back of her fingers. 

"No." Khushi replied, shaking her head. "I'm fine Manjuji."

"Then why is your face all red??" Manjuji was not the one to let go. 

Khushi swallowed as she knew the reason but she can't reveal it to the kind hearted Manjuji. All thanks to Arnavji & his… She swallowed thickly again, remembering the warm touch of his rough lips on the smooth expanse of her cheek.. .. She chastised his sinful lips inwardly for putting her in this situation. 

She touched her cheek where Arnav had kissed her some 2 hours back in his cabin but she could still feel the tingling sensation of his rough lips on her smooth cheek & the red hue which Manjuji is noticing right now is just due to the after effects of that kiss & so is her clumsiness & unmindfulness in her work today. 

Before Manjuji can inquire further, Khushi left from there stating that she would help the others on the front counter. 

Manjuji frowned but then shrugged the topic, not wanting to force Khushi.

Arnav wasn't feeling normal either, since Khushi left leaving her fragrance in his cabin & smoothness of her soft cheek lingering on his rough lips. 

He was sitting on his revolving chair, with his head resting back, eyes closed, reminiscing Khushi's beautiful & shy face after he had kissed her cheek. She was a vision to behold. The best example of beauty with simplicity.