35. sweet dreams, blossom

s3e6: smells like teen spirit

"Brynley-B, get down here! Can't be late on the first day!" Evan Fletcher yelled as Brynley grabbed her bag and ran downstairs. "Spell done?"

"Nope," Brynley sat down at the table and raised her hands. "Alenteix el procés de morir. Alenteix el procés de morir."

Brynley's eyes and hands glowed gold as she chanted the spell.

"So, are you excited? Senior year, blossom!" Evan reminded.

"Not really," Brynley answered honestly. "I don't how long I'll be alive for it."

"Hey, don't think that way," Evan looked down at his daughter. "I'm spending the day looking through your mother's journals, we'll find something, I promise."

"Yeah, yeah." Brynley nodded and drank a glass of orange juice and ate a waffle. She started getting her stuff together just as Matt and Tyler pulled up outside.

"Bryn, let's go!" Tyler yelled from outside the door.

"Have a good day." Evan smiled at Brynley.

"I'll try, I love you, Dad." Brynley grabbed her bag and opened the door to see Tyler standing there. "Why'd you get out?"

"To make sure you didn't collapse on the walk to the car." Tyler joked.

"Well, I am dying." Brynley mumbled and the two walked to Matt's car.

"Donovan! You talking to yourself?" Brynley yelled with a smile.

"Doesn't matter! Let's go!" Tyler pushed Brynley into the truck.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Matt asked as he began to drive to the school.

"We're seniors, man. Life is good." Tyler smirked.

"This is it, our last first day of school." Matt replied.

"Hey, you two still got college." Brynley reminded.

"Stop." The boys said in unison.

"Stop what?" Brynley questioned.

"Acting like you're gonna die!" Tyler answered. "You're gonna find a way, B-Bell, I know you will."

"Exactly, and this is just another one of the thousands of memories us three still have to make together." Matt explained and Brynley.

"You're right," Brynley agreed. "Look at us, we made it."

"The three idiots made it to senior year." Tyler laughed.

-

"Today's our anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year." Brynley and Matt heard Elena say as they walked up to her, Bonnie, and Caroline.

"Yeah. You win." Caroline mumbled.

"Nothing can be beat that." Bonnie agreed.

"Really? Watch," Brynley said. "So far today, I've had four nosebleeds, wanted to risk an overdose on Advil because my chest hurts so bad, and this is all because my original vampire soulmate was daggered by his own brother. Wow, my life is a bad romance novel and I'm the annoying main character who ends up dead."

Brynley walked away from the group, leaving them all in shock.

"Sorry about her, she's just struggling." Matt apologized.

"Who can blame her?" Elena asked. "She's dying."

"She's not gonna die, I'm looking through my grimores, I'll find something." Bonnie said.