chapter five

*Artorias Pov*

As the sun rose and my room became clearer and clearer i started waking up, it was my first day of 6th year. I yawned and felt myself smiling, i was never completely happy that i was leaving but this time i had rose waiting for me and sure as hell im seeing her again. I got up and noticed sif wasnt in his cage.

"Sif"

"Sif!"

I looked around my room, then i found a peculiar white fur ball under my bed.

I sighed and picked him up,

"You really need to stop doing that" i said.

I started feeding him when my owl came in, better late than never. It landed on my shoulder, to my surprice it had another letter. "So this is what took you, thank you nightmare." i petted my owl and put it in its cage. Me and rose had been talking over summer a lot, guess she decited to send one last letter.

She dint use her own owl for obvious reasons, its weird for an unknown owl to drop off letters for me but if its just mine i can just say im talking to one of the guys.

I opened the letter exited like usual,i wish i dint but i cant help it.

Dear Highwind

If my calculations are correct youre waking up and getting ready to go to Hogwarts, sorry i delayed ur owl a bit btw. I want to remind you of our meeting at the astronomy tower tonight and how i wont have a chance to get away at the train. Also, I got a new stuffed animal for my birthday a few weeks ago, forgot to tell you.

Anyway just wanted to tell you that, and i love you, and i cant wait to see you later.

Forever yours
Rose

I dont know why but every letter no Matter how small, it lit something in my heart.

I opened a locked safe and put the letter with the rest. Yes, its risky but it would be a shame to burn these, i closed it, hid it and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning Astorias" my dad greeted me like always.

"Father" i said back as i sat down to eat, but mom was no where to be found.

"Father wheres mom?" I asked , mother is always present to eat with us specially today.

"Shes- in our room" he said slowly, with a grin he tried to hide. Not a second passed before i got Up and ran to moms room. "son please-" i heard him call for me, but i dint listen.

"Mom?" My voiced filled the empty room, the only other sound was from the shower. I knocked on the bathroom door.

"You ok mom?..."

"Y-yeah dont worry just taking a bath"

Bs, i closed my eyes and barged in.

"Artorias! Whats wrong with you"

She dint sound in the shower and at this point she would have covered herself so i opened my eyes. She was on the floor fully dressed, her eyes were with tears flowing down like the wasted water falling in the shower drain.