Beginning of the End

It's not often that they had class in the auditorium, but Yunho was excited. Auditorium meetings often meant a schoolwide announcement. The last time they had one, Yunho was told he was going to be one of the soloists of the spring concert. He had high hopes for this meeting as well.

He and his friends had managed to get seats all together. A few rows in front of them was the Ice Prince and his minions. Funnily enough, Jongho and his friends were sitting right next to them to sit with him, but all the empty seats near them were filled by other friend groups. Jongho and his friends would just have to suffer through it.

Soon enough, the stage was filled with the head professors of each style. The hip-hop professor, Professor Park, waved when they whooped at him. Their professor was definitely the most chill of them all, as to be expected of a master in their style. The ballet professor on the other hand, well, he just looked terrifying. Yunho was just glad that their sections were on opposite sides of the campus.

The ballroom professor cleared her throat, "Good morning everyone. It's so good to see you all here and ready for the day."

The contemporary professor took over when they all finished their obligatory clapping, "You may have noticed on your assignment list that there was an assignment titled, 'Mix Style Performance' and that it's a heavy portion of your grade."

Yunho had vaguely remembered that but no one really talked about it, so it had slipped his mind. He could recall being excited about it, but also a little confused. They mostly stuck to their own styles, at the point in their careers where they had chosen a specialty. They never really got the chance to expand styles anymore.

"For this assignment you will be pairing up with a person from another department, coming together to perform a dance that is a mix of your two styles."
The auditorium was then filled with cheers. That was exciting. Yunho started running through people in his head that he could work with. Haknyeon would probably try to work with Hyunjoon, his crush being a contemporary dancer.

He leaned over to Mingi, "Who you gonna work with? I have no clue yet."

"Probably Jaehyun, from Jazz. He's nice and jazz looks fun. You could work with Hongjoong, he's cool."

Yunho flicked Mingi in the head, "I'd rather die than put on a pair of tap shoes. I might just try to pair up with one of the girls from ballroom. Maybe Gahyeon, she's super nice and I think she could do some hip hop moves."

The cheers died down and the professor spoke again, "Now, don't get too excited. You will not be picking your own partners. We have chosen your partners for you."

The crowd was then filled with groans.

"I know, I know, get over it. Alright, here's the list."

The professor started naming partnerships. Jongho got paired with Yeosang, Chan got partnered with Yerim, and Haknyeon somehow managed to get partnered with Hyunjoon. He was glad to see Hongjoong get paired with Seonghwa, that was one less tap dancer he could get paired with.

"Jeong Yunho from Hip Hop and Choi San from Ballet."

Yunho's whole body froze. There had to be some sort of mistake. There was no way that he was paired with the Ice Prince. He was about to say something but the professor was already busy pairing Mingi with Jaehyun from jazz. Lucky bastard.

The rest of the list went by in a rush. He hardly heard it, a buzzing noise filling his ears. He couldn't believe it. There was no way he was stuck with Choi San. He didn't want to spend any time with the meanest, rudest boy on campus. There was no way this would go well. And ballet? Yunho would much rather be stuck doing tap than doing ballet with fucking Choi San.