Utopia

When Yunho had heard that they were going to be performing their mix-style dances on the stage in front of the rest of the students, it hadn't really worried him. He had done countless performances and even been a backup dancer at an EXO concert before. He could perform in front of people. But, standing backstage with San shaking next to him, it worried him. San didn't have the same kind of stage experience that Yunho did. He had done many ballets before, The Nutcracker and Don Quixote amongst them, but this was different. This was San showcasing dance that he had choreographed in a style he wasn't comfortable or familiar with.

It was only then that Yunho remembered San's intense anxiety, the entire reason the whole school thought he was cold and mean. San was shaking. His face was pale and his eyes were glazed over. Yunho reached down and gripped San's hand, He rubbed his thumb along the back of his hand.

"It's okay Sannie, you're going to be fine. We've done this so many times, there's nothing to be afraid of."

"What if they hate it?" San whispered.

Yunho took San into his arms, smiling as San wrapped his arm around his waist, "They won't hate it, angel. Remember when we showed it to all your friends and they all loved it? And when we showed it to all my friends and they all loved it too? Nobody is gonna hate our dance sweetheart. They're gonna love it. It's creative and difficult and it's awesome. And you're gonna be so awesome."

San sighed and tightened his grip on Yunho's shirt, "Yeah?"

He pulled San away from him to look in his eyes, "Of course. It's gonna be the best dance we do so far. You ready?"

San closed his eyes and let out a deep breath, "Yeah, I'm ready."

"Good, because we're up next."

Soon enough, the last performers were done and had left the stage. Yunho shot San a smile before pulling him onto the stage. He could see San taking a deep breath before eating himself into his starting position. The music began to play and Yunho lost himself in the dance.

He was hitting every move perfectly, and he knew San was too. He didn't dare to look at the judges but he knew they had to be impressed. He pulled San close to him, his leg reached high into the air to rest on Yunho's shoulder. Yunho didn't even have to look to know that San was smirking at the audience, eyes sultry as he stared at them.

The first time they had practiced that move, Yunho had choked and almost pushed San off of him. He could see San's eyes in the mirror and it had stirred something unknown within him. But now, knowing what those eyes could do to a person, Yunho smiled from where his face was buried in the side of San's neck.

Coming up soon, was the lift. The lift that still made Yunho nervous when he thought about it. He continued his dance though, trying to put the worry out of his mind. San was ethereal, launching into a set of dizzying pirouettes. He spun so fast it was almost concerning, but Yunho had seen him do it for what seemed like hours, and just like in the practice room, San ended his pirouettes with a split that stole Yunho's breath.

San took to his feet and soon he was running at Yunho. Yunho set his feet and caught San by the hips, lifting him high in the air. While San was suspended in the air, the stage lights surrounded his head like a halo. Yunho smiled up at San, and his Angel Prince smiled back at him. Yunho spun him around and the glitter of his costume twinkled in the lights. He was breathtaking.

Yunho set San down and soon enough the dance was over. They stood with their foreheads touching, staring into one another's eyes. Yunho chuckled and in turn, it made San giggle. San rested his head against Yunho's shoulder.

"Holy shit, we did it," San whispered.

Yunho nodded, "We did," before grabbing San by the hand and leaving him offstage.

Once they were backstage, Yunho trapped San in a tight hug. San had his arms around Yunho's waist, his hands clutching the back of Yunho's top. The tension that had been in San's body before the dance was gone now, his body languid in Yunho's hold.

"Hey, Yun Yun," San murmured, "Can I confess something to you?"

"Yeah, anything."

San pulled away and started playing with the hem of his top, "I was really glad when the professors paired us up together."

Yunho grabbed San's hands away from his top, "What do you mean? Did you know who I was?"

"Of course I knew who you were. Wooyoung always used to talk about how nice al his hip hop friends were, before everything with him and Mingi went down, at least."

Yunho's throat was drier than any desert on Earth, "Yeah?"

San nodded, his cheeks flushing a pale pink, "Yeah, I also uh... I've also had a major crush on you for like... months now."

Yunho froze, hands still clasped with San's. San had a crush on him? Was that why San had always been so red-faced when they talked? Because San was shy around his crush? His insides twisted and he felt butterflies in his stomach. San liked him!

"Do you... do you still like me?" Yunho asked.

San nodded again, like a bobblehead Yunho had gotten for his little cousin for Christmas, "I'm sorry but, yes. I know you might not feel the same, but I promised myself that I would at least tell you how I feel."

Yunho grinned and reached up to hold San's face in his hands, "Sannie, baby, don't be sorry. Please don't be sorry. I like you, too."

"You like me?"

San's voice was squeaky as he asked, but Yunho wasn't going to comment on it. It was cute. Everything San did was so cute.

"I do, I like you so much. I always thought you were pretty, but then I got to know you. I learned that you are the sweetest, kindest, most precious boy in the entire world. I spent five minutes with you and was entranced by everything you did. The way you speak, the way you hold my hand, the way you smile. Oh my god your smile is prettier than anything that has existed in this world. I like you more than I've ever liked anyone Sannie."

Once Yunho was finished with his mini speech, San's eyes had gained a sparkle that Yunho hadn't seen before, and the next thing he knew, San had surged forward, pressing their lips together. San kissed him like he was oxygen and he had been drowning, like he was water after having been stranded in the desert for days, like he wanted to do nothing more than kiss Yunho.

Yunho kissed back with the same passion, the same feeling, the same energy. He reached up and played with the hair at the nape of San's neck, tangling it between his fingers. San sighed into their kiss and Yunho smiled. San's lips tasted like strawberry lip balm and glacier freeze Gatorade and it was intoxicating, addictive.

San pulled away and he was gasping, so Yunho continued to kiss along the smooth skin of his neck. He waited for San to catch his breath before he spoke.

"What was that baby? Where did my shy Sannie go?"

San giggled and pushed Yunho in the chest, "Leave me alone, it's all your fault. You make me feel brave."

Yunho grinned and kissed San on the cheek, "My brave boy can I ask you a question?"

"Anything."

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

San giggled, "Yes, of course. I'd like that more than anything."

"Good."

Then Yunho leaned down to kiss San again. All the memories of him and San flashed through his head, the good, the bad, the panic attack inducing, and kissed San even harder. He could finally put all of those things behind him, and start anew with his perfect prince in his arms.

Chan would be so proud.